ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-2 Display & Aftermarket display(s)  (Read 224 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

This started in another thread, I got way off topic (shocker!) so,  I started this thread

Hey Dante, good you fixed it  :thumb-up: .  I'm just trying to remember (as it was ages ago I changed out a couple of displays, was there one wire that need to be soldered?

I fixed it today - my display is FUBAR. It's the aftermarket blue display, so not really a surprise I guess. I think I got it from Matt Trull. I replaced it with what I thought was the stock one....but now I notice my goofy arrow character in this one, so it's probably aftermarket too(?) It's got the stock green backlighting....I coulda swore it was yellow, but  I'm sure I'm thinking about my Quadraverb - Whatever...it's working now (whew!)

Take a look at the pic below. The blue display just started doing this one day while I was playing. It didn't affect the sound, but I couldn't really edit anything or tell what patch I was on....

« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP-2 Display & Aftermarket display(s)
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, Quadverb displays work as well.  The ones MJMP got hold of were the ones with slightly strange characters (was it for the arrows?) so that's probably where you got that one from, and also where I got a few spares.  Interesting that your blue one went FUBAR, I remember when you put it in, years ago now.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I remember when you put those in too, that was nine years ago.

I still see replacement displays like those on ebay. I wonder if they are the same ones that you got?

My MP-2 displays are still working just fine, so I don't see a need to do anything to them yet.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Apparently, there's a guy selling them on Reverb and Ebay from Mesa AZ. (could it be an ADA Depot member?)

So, if it's worth the small cost ($35), get you one. I'm gonna stick with my green one until it dies like my last blue one, then I'll buy another one....or I'll get one now and hang on to it for another 9 years ;)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I bought one of those aftermarket displays (green) on EBay for one of my Quadraverb units, because the original one started having issues.
The unit is not back home yet (Fabrizio is still working on it), but the display has been installed and it seems to work fine.
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, the original displays (and the ones MJMP sourced (which had the funny character)) don't die like your blue one did, they just fade making them harder to read.  I think I replaced 2  :dunno: in two of the 2nd hand MP-2s I bought way back when because they were very faded and hard to read.  Interestingly, my original MP-2 I bought new (early1990's) is still fine.  I still have a spare (or 2?) I bought from MJMP (somewhere in a drawer) and 2 noise mod kits I also haven't needed yet.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up