ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from MA, USA.  (Read 1339 times)

samtheman185

Greetings from MA, USA.
« on: Time Format »

Hi everyone,

New member, my name is Sam and I hail from Massachusetts. I've been playing guitar for a while now, mostly playing metal and any other genre I come across. Been trying to build a rack rig for a while now with an A/DA MP1 as the preamp, so, I thought to myself: "Why not just join the ada depot?" so I joined it. Currently my rig is a Peavey 6505mh running into a couple of pedals and an MXR 31-Band EQ into a Peavy 212 cab. I hope to finally build my rig here and, I look forward to meeting you all and chatting.

With Gratitude,
Sam ;D
« Last Edit: Time Format by samtheman185 »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Greetings from MA, USA.
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot, Sam!

My Dad's side of the fam is from Agawam. I have a singer in one of my bands from Boston, he's wicked pissah :)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Sam, welcome to the depot  :thumb-up: :wave: and greetings from Australia.  You've come to the right place to talk about and build an ADA rack setup  :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the Depot, it's good to see you here.

There's a wealth of information and ideas here for building rack guitar systems, troubleshooting and repairing them, and that goes for just about any other gear too. While we love our ADA gear, it IS getting older and a bit more fragile, so we prefer to gig out with other gear that is not so difficult to service if need be.

You found the right place :thumb-up:

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Well some prefer to gig out with other gear, I still use my MP-2 rigs exclusively  >:D .  However, I have bought a few more MP-2s when I got the chance just in case.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hi and welcome  :thumb-up:

samtheman185

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Well some prefer to gig out with other gear, I still use my MP-2 rigs exclusively  >:D .  However, I have bought a few more MP-2s when I got the chance just in case.

Hi!

I’m thinking about an MP-2 right now, but I got my eyes set on a classic for the versatility. If I do think about going full on metal and buying the MP-2 then I will definitely shoot you a message if they’re for sale.

-Sam

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Classics are harder to find than the original MP-1's and MP-2's. I believe they were only made for a couple of years before ADA went belly up in the mid 90's, so there aren't quite as many as it's predecessors. But they are certainly nice if you can get one in good shape.

samtheman185

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Classics are harder to find than the original MP-1's and MP-2's. I believe they were only made for a couple of years before ADA went belly up in the mid 90's, so there aren't quite as many as it's predecessors. But they are certainly nice if you can get one in good shape.

Hey Harley,

I actually just bought an Classic in very good shape earlier today, now I have to figure out hoe to convert the thing from 220v to 110v. I was gonna buy an MP-2 until I saw a Classic up for sale on reverb (if you know anything on transformer conversion please pm me btw).

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Sam, there are some posts about this from back when I was going to buy a US MP-1 Classic, ended up letting Dante have it.  Now if I remember correctly, you can use the MDRT (which can be wired for 110v or 220v) in a MP-1 Classic. Need to confirm this with MJMP but it was key to me buying it at the time (I needed 240v for Australia).  Checking MJMPs site (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm), the original 110v and 220v transformers work in MP-1, MB-1 and MP-1 Classic.  Also checking MJMPs site, it seems he has 4 original 110v transformers (for MP-1, MB-1 and MP-1 Classic) in stock. 

So you can get a 110v transformer from MJMP, or you could go with a MDRT (also from MJMP).

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

No sorry to say but the MDRT does not work in the classic.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey Sam,

It looks like MJMP has a transformer you need for that. Maybe you guys can work out a deal.

I don't carry spare parts for ADA gear, but with all the ADA gear I own, I probably should have thought of that.

Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20
Pages: [1]   Go Up