ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 READS "ERROR"  (Read 16356 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP-1 READS "ERROR"
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, love the purple shoes  ;)   The Messa Boogie STR (I assume they are STRs) 12AX7s are great in an MP1, lots of gain, low noise, nice and tight, best feedback I've heard so far.
I tried some in my MP2 but the bottom E was breaking up a bit so went with the Mullards.
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

RandallRG

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, love the purple shoes  ;)   The Messa Boogie STR (I assume they are STRs) 12AX7s are great in an MP1, lots of gain, low noise, nice and tight, best feedback I've heard so far.
I tried some in my MP2 but the bottom E was breaking up a bit so went with the Mullards.
Cheers Richard
Hey Richard how ya doing? Yeah I have not really played this MP-1 yet & it should be interesting to see the difference between the Mesas (YES they are STR's 12AX7A's) & the "Stock" Tubes that are in my other MP-1 so we shall see...especially the amount of Gain! You like my Purple Converse huh? (LOL!!)  :banana-rasta: Thanks again for all of the Info/Help in my other Thread....I have not tried running it through my 2 Rg100es Heads yet but when I do I will let you know how it sounds for sure! I am sure it will sound great! So far it sounds pretty Killer the way I have it so all is good. Thanks Buddy! \m/
« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

No worries, looking forward to your results with the 2 heads.  My daughter is big on Converse shoes, she's been through a few pairs over the years.
Very glad to hear it's sounding killer.  I had my MP-2 howling on the weekend at a 50th birthday we played at, was all great except running of a generator, even using my UPS (predominantly to filter the power), the MP-2 crashed about 4 times in the middle of songs/solos.  The other guitarist in the band has my original MP-1 rig and his MP-1 crashed a couple of times as well, got to get the power sorted out as we run off that generator for rehearsals and I'm sure it's not good for the MP-2 to crash so often (apart from having to reboot it every time, not a good look in the middle of a solo).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up