ADA Power Amps > Microtube 200 MT-200

Microtube 100 Transformers

(1/2) > >>

Yazoo55:
Does anybody know the specs for the two transformers in the Microtube 100 please? I would like to have a go at building one. I'm thinking of doing a single channel version. I've had a look through the available schematics and was unable to spot this.

And another request - if you have any close up photos of the circuit boards, I would find them very helpful. I've found a few on the web but the quality is not very high.

It's always a learning process. I now know what a Pepi switch is - a thermostat to switch off the power if it gets too hot, great name. :)

Yazoo55:
I went ahead and built this and it works which is always a relief. I used the schematics from this site. I was a bit worried about a note describing a current limiting piggyback board which was retrofitted to the main board. I couldn't work out how this was wired. Fortunately, my build seems perfectly happy without this. I haven't had any blown fuses. I bought a cheap KVM rack off eBay to fit it all in and got the main PCB manufactured in China. I used a couple of back-to-back transformers in place of the custom transformer which supplies the 12AX7 heater and plate voltages. These were quite cheap, again off eBay.

I have attached a picture. I am using it with a clone of the Alembic F2B I built and it gives a very clean sound.

bunkyloo:
 :thumb-up: Totally cool!

MarshallJMP:
Nice :thumb-up:

rnolan:
Wow nice job  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version