ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Depot Site Rebuild (go Griphook)  (Read 6342 times)

peoriashows

• Dude
Re: Old Depot Site Rebuild (go Griphook)
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Mojotone also had a large inventory of ADA surplus parts and one day they threw it all away. I did buy as much as could  back then. But that's long gone.

That's very depressing to think about. They just threw it away without even offering it for a low liquidation price?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Well like I said, I did buy some stuff but it was too much (and too heavy) to buy it all.

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

I downloaded about 10000 Files from the wayBackMachine. There are some really Nice rackpics and the James Sound awesome! Didnt know, Ada had so much cool stuff  :headbanger:

Now I just need to reassemble the Page back tohether and See, if it works  :thumb-up:

Griphook

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

http://adadepot.theuntold-band.com/
its currently uploaded on a subdomain of my band.
Check it out. A few links are still broken. Almost all .zip-Files could not be found, but hey, it's a beginning  :)

There are some .htm-Files which dont work, but the correspondent .html file seems to be working.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey Grip, well done  :thumb-up: , it's a great start  :whoohoo!: and something I'd been thinking about doing for ages but never quite got to it.  It is indeed a beginning and we do have some of the stuff to go at the end of the broken links/files not found.  We'll probably split this topic into it's own threadEdit: Done now here in discussions

« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Griphook

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Unfortunately I found no possibility to look into the Files to see, if some of the "missing" files are Really gone or If one can download them manually from wayback.
The snapshot I took was from January 2012. When did the Depot break down?
So whats your plan with the Homepage?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Wauw that brings back some cool memory's  :thumb-up:

I have all the schematic's and some pics, but I can take the missing pics if needed.

Soundclips, well we all have ADA gear so…

It would be nice to get that old site up and running again.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Go Griphook! That would be fantastic if we could resurrect the ol' Depot and possibly have it posted here in a different section. I like the sound of seeing all that old stuff.

Not to discount the new Depot either, but I didn't really know what I was doin

peoriashows

• Dude
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Go Griphook! That would be fantastic if we could resurrect the ol' Depot and possibly have it posted here in a different section. I like the sound of seeing all that old stuff.

Not to discount the new Depot either, but I didn't really know what I was doin

The new Depot's still great, Dante! This is the discussion board part. You were just getting the party started.  :banana-rock: :banana-upsidedown: :banana: :banana-dance: :banana-guitar: :headbanger:
« Last Edit: Time Format by peoriashows »

vansinn

« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

To clear up things:
Jurrie got much of the documentation when he bought whole drawers with spare parts and docs from Nady [wireless]. Thing is that Tarnowsky had rented some warehouse space from John Nady, but once he'd relocated the ADA stuff there, Nady prevented him from accessing the facilities.
Now, let's refrain from deeper discussion about this.

WRT to original ADA Depot, Jurrie left the site to me, but due to his fast deteriorating condition, didn't manage to hand over access to the whole setup; I only had web access.
Thus, I couldn't perform a full backup of the whole setup.
After his death, the physical server was relocated to SAN's house, where we worked together on getting it running again.
However, the server had never been installed correctly - Jurrie weren't a systems engineer.
This caused numerous problems with remote admin for me in Cph to the server in Holland, and especially for performing full backups of several GB of setup and data.

At some point, the server started to lock up time and again. And worse, SAN moved 200 Km to an apartment, having to leave the server unattended in his house on sale.
At the same time, I snapped from job-related stress, and whaddayaknow.. the server decided to support me and went fully down just the same.  Nice having supporting friends, but.. ;)

SAN and I decided to dismantle the server, and he sent the server drive to me. I still have it, but my setup in life got completely destroyed, so I never were able to dig the data off the server drive.

Digging the data out isn't a simple thing. I can do it, but given my conditions it'll have to wait a bit more.
Here's the complex digging-out procedure:
It's a Windows server disk with physical defects. Onto the windows installation is installed an old, since years unsupported, VMware Server (their first virtualisation product).
Onto this is installed a Linux server, which hosts the ADA Depot.
But but but, the VMware Server had been installed without drivers, which was quite problematic on Debian Linux back then, when Jurrie did the setup.
With out proper drivers, working manually on the setup is nearly impossible. Just getting basic networking working in the Linux, so I can use things like SSH to-fro the box takes hours of editing on a jumping cursor.

Now, I can set-up the server drive on a labtop via an external adapter, and I will do that at some point.
But, even once I've re-located which of several VMware files is the right one, and made access via networking work, I still have to fight doing the backup smaller in chunks - because of the physical defects on the drive.

I'll get to it, hopefully this autumn, once the old lady on drugs and alcohol who rents the summerhouse to me for winter, moves back to her apartment. Mind ya, I still sleep in a sleeping back on an inflatable..
Life is a bitch, and then we fu**ing die. Meanwhile, what an array of experiences I get..  :facepalm:  :banana-upsidedown:
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the clarification, van!

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Wow this is epic!!

I am slowing catching up with the Depot.
Being away for a long time makes come backs hard.
There is so much reading to do to feel part of the community once again.

Still, I dig the great vibe that this place always managed to spread out.
Even now! That's one of Jurrie's legacies.

And seeing that old display of the original depot is quite...touching.
It bring back so many memories!!!   :amaze:
EMGs suck my energies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up