ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Cabinet Simulators  (Read 69921 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Cabinet Simulators
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

In my experience, head phones have their place, good for overdubbing in studio (particularly vocals), and interesting cross reference for mixing (more so these days with the way everyone is using crappy ear buds and smart phones), but they were always a good cross reference, (not to mention not annoying anyone  >:D ).
Best set up with MP1 (which MikeB and I have prototyped to good end) is to use GCS-3 in MP1 loop, program loop when you want to include it, then MP1 outs in stereo are cab simmed, we used ART split mix to mix in digital (TC GMaj) in parallel to rec ins/or B200s with loop out, or into my studio monitors when he's here.
In the end there is no substitute IMHO for playing loud and live, not always easy though I know LOL
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

Stay away from CRC contact cleaners,these are the worst cleaners for pots.Get some kontakt 60.Now usually this helps for a while but it will come back as soon the cleaner is dryed up.

I have never had any issues using CRC's servisol super 10.  What's so bad about them?

I've used this stuff on pots well past their sell by date and always worked a treat.  Same thing happens that you describe with the Kontakt 60 though, it dries up eventually.

On another note, has anyone seen or heard or read about or used this?

http://amtelectronics.com/products/fx-pedals/amt-electronics-chameleon-cab-cn-1-speaker-cabinet-emulator/

There is a video on youtube with some australian guy doin a review.  Sounds ok, but wondered what you fellas thought?

ALSO

What is the main diff between Microcab 1 and 2?

I have a few analogue speaker sims, including a Condor speaker sim kit that I have yet to build lol  Anyone ever used the condor?

http://www.runoffgroove.com/condor.html
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

I get a blank page from condor.
I remember someone mentioned the Chameleon (here I think, try a search). I like the name but haven't played with one.
I'll leave MC 1/2 to others, One of (the many) reasons I wanted MP2 when it came out as the sims are built in and work great, so I've been happy there.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

no way the condor link works for me.  Your browser must be a wanker lol

http://diy.thcustom.com/rog-condor-cabinet-simulation-diy-v1-0/

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

Ok got it now (my browser must have come LOL).. looks interesting, best build it an tell us how it goes !!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

:lol:

Ok got it now (my browser must have come LOL).. looks interesting, best build it an tell us how it goes !!

I like that you can swear on this board, it's refreshing lol

wanker browsers eh?  fuckers!!  :nono:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

Well so far we like to keep it clean(ish) so swearing gets other symbols e.g. f#$k, LOL

Casey_Butt

« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

What is the main diff between Microcab 1 and 2?

They reconfigured the input circuit on the MicroCab II so you can plug speaker level (power amp) inputs into it.  With the MicroCab I you can only use preamp level inputs.  The components in both units are actually the same, they just rearranged the input so the level pot and limiting diodes are in a different order in the MicroCab II, allowing you to turn the input level down low enough to deal with speaker level signals.  If you`re handy with electronics you can turn a MicroCab I into a II by cutting a few traces and using a couple of jumper wires.

Other than that, they`re essentially identical.  They sound the same.

If you`re not handy with electronics or not into modding, then the MicroCab II allows you to plug your power amp output directly into it, the MicroCab I is either limited to preamp level signals or you can use a direct box between your power amp and MicroCab I input.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Casey_Butt »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #68 on: Time Format »

Hey Casey, good tips Thanks  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #69 on: Time Format »

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I got one of these the other day and I am astounded!!!  I feel like I am set for DI recording for life!!

The Logidy EPSI!!

http://www.logidy.com/?pid=1

A more affordable Torpedo Two notes!!! (way more affordable)

this thing is the shit!!!  I think it's an amazing cab sim.  Works of Impulse responses.  Not sure if that is the same as the two notes.  I have the stock ones so far and I haven't even checked them all out because I've encountered so many good ones within the first 25 cabs!!!

So happy about this unit!!  I have redwirez cab suite now also, dunno if I will ever get around to checking them out though, not enough time in the day!!!

idouglascs

« Reply #70 on: Time Format »

Digitech GSP1101 with C63 Firmware also can use IR for Cab Sim.

It can store up to 10 user cabinets and process any input thru Impulse Responses.

It's not as advanced as Torpedo or Logidy because it has a IR sample length limit, but is still great and it's also a Preamp and Effects unit.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #71 on: Time Format »

BTW anyone here using the two notes wos III plugin?

vansinn

« Reply #72 on: Time Format »

I think the Torpedo Two Notes is about as "realistic" as you can get with a TON of options... however, I personally LOVE the cab sims on my Lexicon MPX-G2

Yup, will be difficult to obtain a better IR-based sound than with the Torpedo's.
Note that the Torpedo CAD is much more than just a cab sim; it features separately selectable emulation for amps, cabs and mics.
Amps aren't amp models, but rather four different tubes in triode or pentode couplings, gain, sag et al.
Cab IR's can be installed, mic selections are fixed, but with adjustable distance, angle.

Didn't know you have an MPX G2..  I also dig it's analog cab sims. Only a few seems a bit too bright, but that's the graphics EQ are there for ;)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #73 on: Time Format »

I think the Torpedo Two Notes is about as "realistic" as you can get with a TON of options... however, I personally LOVE the cab sims on my Lexicon MPX-G2

Yup, will be difficult to obtain a better IR-based sound than with the Torpedo's.
Note that the Torpedo CAD is much more than just a cab sim; it features separately selectable emulation for amps, cabs and mics.
Amps aren't amp models, but rather four different tubes in triode or pentode couplings, gain, sag et al.
Cab IR's can be installed, mic selections are fixed, but with adjustable distance, angle.

Didn't know you have an MPX G2..  I also dig it's analog cab sims. Only a few seems a bit too bright, but that's the graphics EQ are there for ;)

Sorry the Torpedo is only as good as the impulse fed into it.  And besides it's not stereo.  I said it before and I'll say it again.

Save a couple of hundred with a EPSI and then use the best impulses available such as

http://www.redwirez.com/

EPSI is a impulse reader built in the shape of a stomp box, and allows stereo in and stereo out.  I'd never have bothered buying a device like this had they not been half the price of the torpedo, I'm so glad I did.  I might be another before these guys go out of business due to lack of interest.

El Chiguete

« Reply #74 on: Time Format »

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I got one of these the other day and I am astounded!!!  I feel like I am set for DI recording for life!!

The Logidy EPSI!!

A more affordable Torpedo Two notes!!! (way more affordable)

this thing is the shit!!!  I think it's an amazing cab sim.  Works of Impulse responses.  Not sure if that is the same as the two notes.  I have the stock ones so far and I haven't even checked them all out because I've encountered so many good ones within the first 25 cabs!!!

So happy about this unit!!  I have redwirez cab suite now also, dunno if I will ever get around to checking them out though, not enough time in the day!!!

I remember reading about this when this came out and forgot about it. Now I would really think of getting one if I cando my own IR of the speakers I use. I use Scumback H75-LD-8-65w speakers and this speakers are part of the total sound that makes my rig.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up