ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: new member trying to fix up mp-1 and started mp-2  (Read 10280 times)

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !

I suppose you are right and that diagram is a bit more than some switches but thank you. I guess I will look around for a stereo rackmount mixer and keep it in the circuit sounds easy enough.
Can anybody recommend one for my mp-2 and pitchtraq application thanks in advance.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I'd recommend a Behringer Eurorack UB2442FX Pro, (I have 3 of these and they are great, not too expensive, well thought out and very (very) versatile). (https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/behringer-eurorack-ub2442fx-pro).  It will do everything you need (and give you reverb) plus much more if e.g. you want to use it for recording.  You can use the 2 monitor sends as Fx sends (they are switchable pre/post fader (Fx sends are usually post fader (fader changes change send level), monitor sends are pre fader (fader changes don't change the send level).  You can rack mount these but they have a big (vertical) footprint. (see attached pic of studio rig)

However, if you want a rackmount mixer, while there are a few (1 RU) options they tend to lack enough FX sends.  I'm yet to spot one that has enough sends for the kit I have.

If you can find a Yamaha AM802 in reasonable condition (this is what I have in my live rack) it will work for you (but they are not rack mountable)  You can mount them on a rack shelf, I have mine velcroed to the bottom of my rack (see attached pic, it at the bottom of the rack, I have MP2 and MB1 in this rig, you could go MP2 and MP1  >:D )
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

bunkyloo

Thanks for all the help from everyone. I well  let you know when I get it sorted out.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey bunkyloo, as you research the options, maybe start a new thread/topic and let us know your thinking, there are many options and many members here have good ideas and experiences to share.  One idea I had worth a try with what you already have is (with MP2) put the pitchtraq in loop A and the ADA delay in loop B both 100% wet on the Fx units (sort/adjust gains on the Fx units input and output and loop & loop return mix levels). This should sound pretty awesome.

bunkyloo

That is An interesting thought I will at least try thanks for the idea.
In any event I need to find that DS-4 footswitch that would open the doors to a few otions.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Yeah that's a harder one, not sure how you can switch it without the original pedal (or a clone thereof), MJMP may be able to help, I hadn't heard of "pulse" switching until he mentioned it.

bunkyloo

Yeah he did send the schematics and theres a lot more to it than some momentary switches and resistors.
I comb ebay,reverb,music go around and craigslist everyday went to six pawn shops yesterday after work something will turn up eventually.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey MJMP, how much (and hard) would it be to build a pitchtraq switch ? (I know you "can" do it  :thumb-up: )

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Depends on how many, making a pcb for one is expensive but the price drops for 5 pcb's etc...

bunkyloo

I received a behringer  pro 1602 1 u today I got on ebay it says 1 send so I will try this one and see how it pans out no punt intended ;D.
However on my way home I stopped in a pawn shop and found a Yamaha mv802 2 u for 20 dollars and I think it has 2 or 3 sends I was unable to find the am802 as rnolan has in his live rig for similar situations.
We shall see I may not be able to test right away too many honey doos over the weekend but will let you all know Thanks.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

The 1602 is fine but only has 1 send, the Yamaha mv802 would be better as it had 2 sends (but 2 RU).  Also Yamaha desks typically sound very good. For $20 (if it works) it's an absolute bargain.  You could also combine the 2 of them (but chew 3 RU in your rack).  E.g. plug MP1 and MP2 into 1602, use pitchtraq on send (so both units can use it), plug 1602 stereo out into mv802 and use it's 2 sends for stereo reverb unit

bunkyloo

That is a thought I bought a anvil full shock flight 14 ru case this morning for 30 so when I get a chance I'm gonna hook it all up.
also a DS-4 showed up on ebay this morning wants 80 plus shipping. gonna see if I can work a deal seems were getting close thanks again for all the great ideas from everyone.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey bunkyloo, happy to help  :wave: , look forward to some feedback (and some pics  :thumb-up: )

bunkyloo

so here  is what I did that Yamaha mv802 works good a little crunchy I cleaned the pots last night well see running mp1 and mp2 separately of course and I bought a digitizer that came with a DS-4 question is what unit is better digitizer  or s1000 for delay regen on pitchtrack I haven't gotten it yet. Thanks in advance

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Cool, the mv802 looked a great score, you can run the MP1 and MP2 together, you need to split the guitar input either with a Y lead or an A/B A+B switch or any pedal with a stereo out to get signal into both units (if you wanted to  >:D ).  I've not used a Digitizer or s1000 so I'll leave that for others to comment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up