ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone ever tried this?  (Read 6893 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Anyone ever tried this?
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey Soloist,
    I remember seeing that several years ago. That has to work better than the Ground Control/GCX setup. At least, I hope it does. I tried using the GCX for amp switching the way the manual described, but it caused a hum which as I found out later was due to the way it cut an amp out of the signal path, which is by shorting the ground on that loop.

Richard,

I believe that is the point of a fly-rig, to be able to plug into any amp anywhere, and get your tone right from the boxes at your feet.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley,

I get no hum with the amp switcher.
I use the GCP for my midi switching and to turn on and off effects in my G Major 2.
I do not use a GCX. Most everyone complains about tone sucking or other issues with them so I opted to stay away from that headache.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey Soloist,

I use the Ground Control when I'm using different brands of MIDI effects, because it saves time when you are programming for a set list. I can also plug in two passive volume pedals and program it for CC functions to any unit that has it.
    The GCX was originally designed to be a loop switcher for your stomp box pedals, and can be controlled from the Ground Control. It has a buffer in the Instrument input so that is probably where the tone-sucking complaint is from. The loops can also be set up to act as remote foot switches to cut on/off effects, which is how I use them on my ADA delays.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up