ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Microcab or Ampulator  (Read 7584 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Microcab or Ampulator
« on: Time Format »

Looking for a reasonably priced microcab or ampulator

anyone has one and aren't based in the states or that far from the UK let me know :)
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Microcab or Ampulator
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Good luck finding a "reasonably priced" ampulator  :P ;D

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

yeah I said resonably priced just in case  :thumb-up:

I get the idea that they are ridiculously expensive.

May be more chance of a microcab.  If I got a microcab I'd do those new mods casey_butt brought to us.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Those mods seem like a very good idea for a microcab, or if you can find a cheap MP2, problem solved LOL, with MP1, you can just use the loop returns to pick up the MP2 cab sims and/or even use it for CC master vol and room eq (tremolo is also after the loop returns).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

no luck with the US sellers!!  None of them want to sell international for some reason.  Assholes.

Does the MP2 have all the cab sim stuff the Microcab has?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

No not really. I'm not across the details of the circuit (I suspect elements are similar), but the choices on the MP2 are: line/inst lvl outs and sealed quad box or open back 2 x12. That said they work very well, I use line level out and quad box, sounds great and more real IMNSHO than your boss thingy (again not that it's shabby). MP2 cab sims have more sparkle (well just don't get in the way, like lots of things ADA, transparent).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

well it's not a one trick pony richard, I chose the cab, and EQ'd it that way.  There are many more options to play with on the boss such as mic type, mic distance, cab type, direct and wet mix.

"Boss thingey"  :facepalm:

I thought you liked it earlier?  Make up your mind?

You give the impression you've never used a modern multi FX unit? 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Sorry, I do like what you did with it, I wouldn't have picked it to be Boss (I wa pleasantly surprised when you told me it was a GT5), and I'm really not that across their later offerings (so I'll pull my head in  :facepalm: ). Also, as you say, I haven't use the modern stuff much if at all. To me multi FX has been time based effects (delay, reverb), I have a Quadverb (not modern at all LOL but still good), I have a Midiverb 4 (haven't played around with it much) and a TC MOne XL in my studio rack (again, delay/reverb). I'm thinking to get a Lexicon something or other as they make great reverbs.
BTW when I say thingy it's meant to be cute, not dismissive, I just forgot the model.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

If I'm really honest the Gt5 IS FROM 1994  :lol:  but it set a standard really that continues to this day.  The sims aren't amazing but they can be used well in the right combination of stuff.

I went from a newer model to the older model (GT6 to GT5) purely because the 5 is half analogue.  Becoming very collectible.  Dante uses a GX 700  which is more or less a rack version and again is half analogue and half digital.  Boss dropped the half and half after this in favour for all digital drive module.  I used that for a few years until this year.  They work if you spend the time with them.  I couldn't afford to buy anything else so I was forced too.  Now I'm a boss legend lol!!!  ;D

Anyways talking a loada shit here hahaha

I used for the hell of it a little Chinese analogue speaker sim last night to record as well as a behringer DI with a built in speaker sim.  They are obviously different from the boss sim I used because I selected a generic metal cab rather than a marshall.  Those analogue sims I used must be based on a marshall.

check out this unit.  I like it  :)

http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/MOEN_Buffalo_EQ_DI_Box_p/moen-bf.htm

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

and it all started with the boss ME-5 which was fully analog except for the delay and reverb.Nice unit,i regret i sold back in the days.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Really?  No way!!  May be I will buy one for the fun of it  ;)

I have the GL100, I like it, but I think it needs a health check.  I know I need to replace the front input.

Basically all boss distortions in one box.  Very natural break up, great EQ.  I can't sell it  :-[

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

And before the Boss ME-5 you had the  Boss BE-5 (non programmable) and Boss BE-5M (some stuff was programmable).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

our bassist uses this

Boss BE 5B

so the ME 5 has analogue amps and distortion? defo gonna get one.  If it's just distortion then the units I have already cover everything from OD to Metalzone to Fuzz
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Yep and analogue chorus and flanging,just the reverb and delays are digital.From what i read on the net it has a CS-2 CE-2,BF-2,DS-1,OD-2,EQ-1,NS-2 REV-3 and DD-2.And it also has midi and is stereo.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

interesting.  Not sure how that compares to the GT5.  I know the GL100 is just cleans and overdrives and distortions, so just a drive preamp. It's 1988 as well. GT5 just has that analogue drive stage, so all those boss distortions same as ME5.  I have read that its effects are more warm than its successors, but whether they are analogue or not I can't say.  I have heard people suggest they might be except the amp modelling speaker modelling section.  It creates a hell of a tone with vintage OD set to zero before the metal preamp I tell ya that much  :metal:  Addicted to that at the moment.

That reminds me, I need to get that 3TM soon :thumb-up:

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up