Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Small mixer to run stuff in parallel

(1/2) > >>

El Chiguete:
Im finally allmost finishing my "dream" rig and now is time to get a small mixer to run stuff in parallel, so should I just go for the RJM Mini Line Mixer (what I think is the artist standard for this) or does the ART SPLITMix4 does the same job???

BTW just to over explain things, I will run the MP-1 as the dry signal and then use my Lexicon MPX G-2 post preamp effects full wet in to the mixer/

rnolan:
Go El, good decision IMHO. I haven't studied the RJM Mini Line Mixer I checked out a few pics, looks interesting (and is powered), ART is passive and you loose a little gain but works well. I've allays gone down the "proper" small mixer direction, and used the fx/aux sends and return down 2 channels etc.. But main thing is to bring Lex back in stereo full wet and mix it in with "true" analogue MP1/2 path !! :whoohoo!:

GuitarBuilder:
I've been using a Behringer MicroMix MX400 in my Rockman rig with no issues at all.  I like the individual input controls and the price - $40!

rnolan:
Depends what you want to do,  the Behringer MicroMix MX400 line ins are mono and no sends where the ART Splitmix are all stereo and it has 2 busses so you can take MP1/2 direct to poweramp and also send signal to stereo in fx and return into the mix bus. So analogue MP1/2 stays dry and unadulterated, and just mix in digital fx in stereo.
So to use Behringer MicroMix MX400 with MP1, MP1 A/B > chan 1/2, MP1 send (mono) or better headphone out (stereo) to fx in,  fx out L/R chan 3/4.
Price is good at $40, the ART Splitmix are around $100 AUD I think ?

El Chiguete:
Is the Mini Line Mixer really better? You mentioned that the ART SplitMix would loose some gain, but does this also meens that you would loose tone?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version