Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Any Love For The Digitech Valve FX?

<< < (12/12)

Chip Roberts:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on August 19, 2020, 02:08:47 PM ---Found this in the manual of the X15

Pedal Test Mode

You may set up the X-15 to display visually the “value” of the expression pedals. Directly after power-up and before thedisplay shows Art, press simultaneously the BYPASS, 9 and 10 pads. You are now in pedal test mode. Moving either pedal will show the pedal’s hexadecimal value in the numeric display (00 to 7F). The first digit of the display will show either an "L" or “r” indicating which pedal has most recently moved, and its value. Exit by pressing the MODE button, When you are viewing the pedal value no MIDI information is being sent out the MIDI Out port. While you are in this mode, press any activator pad except the MODE pad and the software version will be displayed.

--- End quote ---

I just tried this out and the display on the X15 is blank, unless I push any activator pad, which shows "-16"

MarshallJMP:
So it seems there is a problem with your pedals. I'll see if I can find a schematic.

MarshallJMP:
Well I found a really bad copy of the schematics and from what I can see the pedals don't work with a potentiometer but they are optical. So I looked around and found on YT a video about the strips used in the X15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFksy7imYLY

So my guess is that these work in similar way as an optical encoder. Maybe your stips are dirty or the optics (send/recieve) are dirty.

BTW anyone here have a scribd account, I found some schematics there but don't have an account.

Chip Roberts:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on August 22, 2020, 01:54:41 PM ---Well I found a really bad copy of the schematics and from what I can see the pedals don't work with a potentiometer but they are optical. So I looked around and found on YT a video about the strips used in the X15. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFksy7imYLY

So my guess is that these work in similar way as an optical encoder. Maybe your stips are dirty or the optics (send/recieve) are dirty.

BTW anyone here have a scribd account, I found some schematics there but don't have an account.

--- End quote ---

So would you recommend going in there with some contact cleaner to see if that's the issue?

MarshallJMP:
Noooo no contact cleaner, that could ruin those strips. The thing is I don't know how it looks inside, I just had a look at the schematics and that YT video. But I'm sure it's optical with stripes on plastic strip and some send recieve leds I think (probably infra red) between the strip. So it could be the strip is dirty or the leds or one of the send/recieve leds. Actually the reciever is not a led but it looks like one. Maybe try to open it up and post some pics so I can have a look, or you can also mail them to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version