Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Rane MPE 28 MIDI Programmable Equalizer

(1/7) > >>

El Chiguete:
So sometime ago I experimented on using the EQ on my Lexicon to boost the 80Hz freq after the MP-1 since we all know that the bass freq on the MP-1 is not ¨that¨ good because its not placed in the normal freq range for the bass control on most amps (its actually centered @ 180Hz) and WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MADE!!! After that I became obsess on wanting to add an EQ that was analog but controled digital to have more flexibillity................ So fast foreward a couple of months and this week I pulled the trigger on a Rane MPE 28 MIDI Programmable Equalizer on Ebay that had no bid AND at the end I was the only bidder and won the auction for just $40 dollars + $20 of shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :banana:  :banana-dance:  :banana-rock:  :banana-upsidedown:

So I hope to get it by next week to have a fully analog dry preamp tone + EQ and the add the wet effects thru the RJM Mini Line Mixer  :banana-guitar: .

PS:
After I get that I will post what I build to place effects infront of the ADA when I want then and keep the signal pure.

MarshallJMP:
Ah the big brother of the MPE 14 which is almost the same as the ADA MQ-1 since Rane bought it from ADA.

Dante:
mmmmm.....MQ-1...Always on my wish list

Hey El: Nice score man, tell us how you like it  :thumb-up:

rnolan:
Go El, great score  :thumb-up:

El Chiguete:
Ok so now that I'm waiting to get here (probably like 10 days) I'm starting to think how I will hook everything up and I have a little dilema:

Right now I have the outputs of the MP-1 going in to the DRY channel on the RJM Mini Line Mixer, then from the MP-1 SEND I go in to the RETURN of my Lexicon and from the Lexicon outputs I go to one of the other channels of the RJM to get the WET only delays (I also have other effects running before the wet only part of the rig but that will get explained on the future in another thread)... anyway this meens that if I run the Rane in the loop of the MP-1 I need to have a Y-BOX to: A) go back to the RETURN of the MP-1 so that the outputs have the added eq and B) on the added splitter output go to the Lexicon.

What would you guys advise on this scenario?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version