ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Nembrini Audio ADA MP1 plugin.

(1/4) > >>

vmaxvmax:
Nembrini audio have an interesting ADA MP1 plugin…

I have it and it works well and sounds good with Logic X. The graphics echo the original and it also come with some ir’s for cabinet and power amp. It can also load ir’s.

https://www.nembriniaudio.com/collections/guitar-amplifier/products/mp1-pro-programmable-tube-guitar-amplifier

I am not connected with Nembrini. I do own an original ADA MP1 (it has done many, many of gigs over the years) which I bought new…

rnolan:
Hey vmax, looks really cool and, from their supported "DAW" list will interface (plugin) to most of the popular recording software.  Also nice to get a  :thumb-up: from a MP-1 owner, the site reviews all say it's good but of course you never know if they just make them up  :facepalm: . 

I have a bit of a bug up my ar#e the way the term DAW is used these days.  All the things it works with are actually recoding software, not DAWs.  Stricktly, a DAW is a stand alone bit of hardware that includes all the I/O, mixer etc. and some recording software built in.  It seems the term has morphed into a DAW "setup" comprised of a computer (with recording software installed), and typically an external audio I/O device (as the audio I/O on PCs is generally pretty shit), and then some form of monitors. 

Can you store programs/patches and then change patches on it in real time while you are recording/playing with it? e.g. with a midi pedal.  Or do you have to run up a sound each time you use it?

vmaxvmax:
I don't honestly know... I didn't try that but maybe I'll give it a shot over the next few days... I don't tend to use midi controls when recording! I am an old fashioned player and I tend to use recording software is if using a multi-track tape machine! Clearly I use a midi system for my 'real' MP1 - but for recording I tend to use a new track for each different sound...

The plugin sounds good though I haven't tried a direct A/B test with my hardware unit - I might give that a shot too over the next few days.

I bought it on 'spec' as it was not too expensive - I felt the risk was worth a punt.

Harley Hexxe:
I've had that for several months now, but I haven't been able to open it in Cubase.

It's setup as a plugin like a virtual pedal effect or something similar. For $40 USD, it's not a bad price even if it ends up just being a close approximation.

rnolan:
Hey vmax, same for me, I use protools like a digital tape recorder and would also do a new track for each sound.  I wonder can you store the settings for a patch though so you can use it again later in another session? 

@Harley, well that's not good, it says it works with Qubase.  It seems it supposed to operate as a standard VST plug-in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version