ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Power Conditioners  (Read 71873 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Power Conditioners
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

Exactly one like that and you're golden!

Ok guys she will be mine..................er the Power Conditioner.  I shall have better sounding toast!

I jest  :lol:

Hey SC you sounded very "English" there.  You been hanging out with brits  on the job ???  My bro used to live in England before Germany and he still sounds English from time to time.

MJMP, shall I get a new toaster then in the January sales?  Ok I shall do that and send you some toast.   :amaze:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

Yep get a new one but buy one with a build in furman PC hahahahahaha  :lol: :thumb-up:

And now i'm going to shut up about furman,you might start to think they pay me for selling PC's  :-X

DorsetRatt

« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

Here we go ... for better sounding toast ... an amp built into a toaster. Just plug the guitar in and jam (or perhaps marmalade) :thumb-up:

Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

yes when I play with my band I marmalade as opposed to jam!  Good one DR  :lol: :lol:

So MJMP how much is Furman paying you?  A free hooker every night and some beer?  Come on spill the beans?  :lol:

MJMP we have plans to play in Belgium this year so you might get a chance to see us and throw fruit and veg at us ;D

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Well my wife won't let me go to hookers so that just leaves the beer. >:D

Ah great any dates or places?? I saw you will play in Geleen which is not so far from my place but i have to work that saterday evening.

Here in Belgium we don't throw fruit and veg ,only beer (with and without the bottle) !! :facepalm:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

Hey DR

Nice toaster,is it tube driven  :lol:

DorsetRatt

« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

:lol: HaHa ... Apologies, see what happens when you type "guitar + toaster" into a search engine :facepalm:
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

Shame about the hookers MJMP.

I can't have any either or gfriend would kick my knackers in!!!

although if I was single and the hookers were clean and FREE it would be great hahahahhaa  I'll stop now about hookers  :facepalm:

ok ok

Don't think I'm silly (I can upgrade to furman when I am rich  :thumb-up:)

I am buying on of these in the next week.

Which has the best spec, the Art does not have an info on the surge protection time or maximum surge current where as Phonic does.  Also the Art has 15AMP circuit breaker where as the phonic has 10amps.  I could change that fuse out to a higher one right?

Ok thoughts guys!!

https://phonic.app.boxcn.net/shared/l3hi1f6x2p

http://artproaudio.com/downloads/specsheets/ss_pb4x4.pdf

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

Girlfriends and hookers,bad combo  :lol:

I think both have 10 amp breakers,the 15A is for the US.Now 10A is about 2400VA so should be more then enough.

As far as specs go,ART no info it seems.Phonic does,but for line noise reduction it's not even half of that of a furman.
Nor the ART or the phonic have an overvoltage protection and both have spike protection with VDR's.

I would go for the phonic since it has rack lights.For the rest i think the specs are the same.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

Would I not notice a reduction in noise at this level of attenuation?

When would voltage be running higher than normal?  What is the difference in spike protection and what you mention?

Nor the ART or the phonic have an overvoltage protection and both have spike protection with VDR's.

I could may be push boat out and get the lowest model of furman  PL-8 C E
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

not sure if the low furman is better the Art or Phonic actually.

is this spec any better?

http://www.adamhall.com/en/Adam_Hall_19_Parts_PCS_10_-_Power_Conditioner.html
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

PL-8 C E has better specs and is almost the same as mine except it has no voltage meter.(but neither do the other brands you mention).

Spikes see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voltage_spike
Overvoltage is if the actual RMS voltage is to high ,let's say 280Vac vs normal 230-240Vac.

The adamhall has the worst specs of them all.

Here's some explanation about EMI   http://electronicdesign.com/energy/understanding-emi-noise-power-system-design

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

well I got a phonic, I knew I could get a steal on ebay you see.

This can be my entry into Power Conditioners.  I'm hoping for noticeable noise reduction so fingers crossed.

If this works out I can save up for a furman and then move the phonic into the studio.

http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/normal/phonic-ppc9000e-540996.jpg

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

Great let us know how it went.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

MJMP do you know of a smaller PC? 

I was trying to advise our bass player to get one but he would only need like two plugs.  Is there a smaller version of a pc or do they all come in 19" rack style?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up