ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP1 Classic Err 7  (Read 3906 times)

leninvargas

• L.E.G.O.
MP1 Classic Err 7
« on: Time Format »

Hello everyone! I am an active musician and a lover of ADA products. In my early days I used an original MP1 and then used a MP1 classic which I adored with all my being, accompanied me on all my tours until his death and lack of trained service in my country put it in the trunk of memories.

Since 2014 I included the APP1 in my current pedalboard with my G System and going great. One morning I opened the trunk of memories ... and there it was: my MP1 Classic after 12 years of not seeing him, and obviously gave me nostalgic and lit instantly, with the aim of seeing their lights on again.

Unfortunately after so many years he seems to have worsened. On power it shows immediately Err 7 screen, and the P8031AH processor is heated tremendously.

And I changed the battery, and although the panel lights turn on, pressing the buttons no action.

As for the sound is distorted as 12 years ago when it stopped operating properly: low-level hum and distorted sound.

You could help me with a guide to leave in factory conditions?
Vocalista de L.E.G.O. | Music & Video Producer en OSSO Records | Adorador de Jehová; amo la vida, la música, la tecnología y el encebollado.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: MP1 Classic Err 7
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot Leninvargas :wave:

You came to the right place. MJMP is the resident ADA Guru here, and I'm certain he'll be able to get you up and running again.
    The Classic is also my favorite of the ADA preamps.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey LV

Normally err7 is the battery, but since you already replaced it there must be an other fault somewhere.Did you check the battery voltage, might be dead again?

About the distorted sound,is this on all the voicings or just on the tube voicings (not SS)?

BTW where you from if might ask?

leninvargas

• L.E.G.O.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hello everyone, a thousand apologies for responding several years later MarshallJMP1, I hope everyone is well. I have taken up the idea of resurrecting my MP1 Classic. The problem with distortion is only in the tube voices. The startup check begins by counting from b01 to b128, then displays Error 1 and then Error 7. :wave:
Vocalista de L.E.G.O. | Music & Video Producer en OSSO Records | Adorador de Jehová; amo la vida, la música, la tecnología y el encebollado.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

For the distortion, try to replace R151

Err1, 7 b01 to b128 battery problem.

leninvargas

• L.E.G.O.
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Thank you for always being here MarshallJMP, I will follow your instructions and once I try them out I will tell you the news. :metal:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

ok :thumb-up:  BTW R151 is in the top left corner.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »
Pages: [1]   Go Up