ADA Preamps > MP-2

MP-2 Testing if you don't play guitar - raw guitar test files

(1/4) > >>

rnolan:
So I'm staring this post in response to where Gregg now finds himself after fixing up his bothers MP-2.  So all the tech work is done, noise mod, R913 1.41 EPROM etc.  But as Gregg doesn't play guitar: 

"BTW, I have done all the mods to 1 of my brother's MP-2s and upgraded the firmware.  It seems to work fine with HV at 190 VDC.  Have only been able to test it with me just feeding it a tone from a tone generator, but am picking up a loaner guitar from a friend today to test it further.  I have no idea how to play guitar which probably makes me an outlier here.  I'm just the tech guy.  My brother is on the east coast so he can't just come over and test it without a cross country flight." 

So I was thinking some of us could make some test files loops etc. of just the direct guitar output for testing and also useful for trouble shooting.  Obviously, how you play is in response to the patch you are using e.g. Clean, rhythm, high gain lead etc. So label them as such?  Moreover, maybe some members have some already from  using IRs. 

Anyway, if you have time and inclination, make some and attach them to this thread :thumb-up:

Harley Hexxe:
Good morning All,

I tried a direct recording of clean guitar into Cubase just to see if it will work, while having my coffee this morning. If it works, just make a loop out of it and run it through the inputs of the MP-2, and try a few different voicings and gain settings. Maybe even try out the chorus and trem effects in it to see if everything is doing what it should be.

Harley 8)

P.S. If I attached it correctly, it should be a WAV file.

Harley Hexxe:
Richard,

I don't believe it's a good idea to make a high gain test track to put in the front of the MP-2. That's why I just plugged the guitar direct into the interface.

rnolan:
Hey Harley, I wasn't suggesting making a high gain file, I was suggesting that when you play and record the raw guitar signal, how you play the notes and what you play is different for clean, rhythm, high gain.

Gregg:
Thanks for starting this thread @rnolan.  I have a borrowed guitar at the moment, a 1994 Fender Telecaster.  But it is clear I don't know how to play at all.  So any efforts that you all make here will be greatly appreciated.

Gregg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version