ADA Power Amps > Microtube 200 MT-200

MT200

<< < (9/9)

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: rnolan on March 18, 2016, 05:26:04 AM ---Hey SC, just wanted to say I really appreciate you finding all this stuff for us all  :thumb-up:

--- End quote ---

All cool bros!
I did some mods and maintenance on some Boogies ;)

DorsetRatt:

--- Quote from: Systematic Chaos on March 18, 2016, 01:38:21 AM ---Mesa 20/20 Deep Mod:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31723

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link SC. I've got the deep mod on the 20/20, it was done by the previous owner ... I have no idea what the 20/20 sounds like as standard, but consensus of opinion seems to favour the modded version.

I'll try some different tubes for the PI positions, probably the 12AX7LPS that you've mentioned previously. If it doesn't work out for me I'll try the 12AT7, I can reuse the 12AX7LPS and install them in my SP-77 (I seem to remember Soldano recommending the Sovteks).

MJMP, under-biased power tubes are a concern ... it wouldn't surprise me if they were, I think perhaps it's a Mesa tube strategy. It's a little frustrating that the bias is not easily adjustable (trimpots, etc), so I'd be really out of my comfort zone.

Systematic Chaos:
I don´t have the schematics of the 20/20 DynaWatt, but there´s a 33k resistor in the fixed bias circuit... Replace that with a 15k resistor and a weber WP503L 50k bias pot in series  :thumb-up:

Dante:

--- Quote from: Systematic Chaos on March 19, 2016, 01:35:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: rnolan on March 18, 2016, 05:26:04 AM ---Hey SC, just wanted to say I really appreciate you finding all this stuff for us all  :thumb-up:

--- End quote ---

All cool bros!
I did some mods and maintenance on some Boogies ;)

--- End quote ---

I can't thank you enough for the advice on re-tubing my DC-5 combo  :bow: 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version