• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

Basic functionality of the Voicings on the MP-1 & MP-2

Started by INRI, Today at 05:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

INRI

I was wondering: what is the magic of these units for them to have different voicings? How can it go from sounding like a fender clean to cranked marshall? Chat GPT was brainstorming and going all about the DSP being able to change tube bias on the fly etc. But that sounds extreme. Do any of you guys have any idea how this works?

As you may have noticed Im all out fascinated by these units even though Ive never been nearer than 500 miles to one.

Harley Hexxe

Hey INRI,

I can't tell you anything about magic, but I can tell you that the MP-1 does things like this when you manipulate the tube gain levels, and combine that with the way you set your EQ, and maybe add some of the chorus effect in creative ways, you get what some would call a "magic" tone.

By selecting the voice you want to create from, i.e. S.S. Clean Tube, or Dist Tube, there's a lot of ranges in those voices. It's all about selecting the right voice and tweaking it the way you want to hear it, and that's the key. Use your ears.

The MP-2 on the other hand does not do the S.S. voices that the MP-1 does since it has no S.S. voice at all. Everything there is all tube voicing. It does every tube voice from crystal clean to gnarly dual rectifier tones and all points in between.

If I had to sum it up, I would do it like this: These ADA preamps are not modelers, and they don't have DSPs. Instead think of them as extremely versatile amplifier preamps that do what no single amplifier can do.

That's why they're legends.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!