ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer heat - what are you doing?  (Read 2969 times)

vansinn

Summer heat - what are you doing?
« on: Time Format »

We're having a heat wave here in DK - 32+ deg centigrade. Actually, the old analog meter outdoors in the semi-open annex to the summerhouse I sortof rent said 36 deg today. Two more days of the heat, and this is after the warmest summer in, like, 25 years.

I'm unable to use my head much, so cooling off under the trees surrounding Copenhagen Skatepark - that is, between the runs. Been off skating for six years; feels good coming back, just taking it a Bit easy not going high on the ramp and no 360's ;)

What are you folks doing to cope with the heat and avoid too many severe lessons..?  :lol:

peoriashows

• Dude
Re: Summer heat - what are you doing?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Other than making sure my air conditioning is working, I play summer league recreational ice hockey. While most people are out in the sun swimming and walking at the park, I'm staying cool at the rink!

MikeB

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I'm saying cool by living in Canberra. This has been a pretty chilly winter so far.  We have had a record number of nights below minus 5 and had a minus 7 earlier in the week.  I'm sure it's not as severe as a Danish winter, but the summer you are describing sounds pretty mild to me. To have a summer with only 32degree maximums seems like a dream.
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Most Australians would call 32 C balmy, though a bit hot for my liking. When it does 45 C for a few days (as it does sometimes in summer), that's hard to take.But as Mike said, we've been donning the overcoats and beanies here.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Haha, I get your Aussie comments on our heat complains, but when it pops up like this for just a week, it's of course a problem for us as we aren't used to much above some 28 degs. Everything here is so dry a single cigarette bud will set it all on fire.
Last winter went below -10; cold in a summerhouse with only partial insulation.

Ice skating sounds cool to me; will buy ice hockey skates this winter.
The skate park I mostly use - pics: https://skateparks.dk/kobenhavn/faelledparken-skatepark/ - fortunately is surrounded by large trees, so it's been in-out of the sun.
I've been off skating for 6+ years, but it's coming back just fine in just a couple of weeks. Still haven't jumped, though..

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Looks like fun for skating, careful you don't bruise or break anything  :nono: or you may be off guitar playing as well.I have friends who complain when it get below 30 C, it's what you are used to, my preference is around 18 - 20 C. Also Canberra is very dry so the heat isn't as oppressive, as opposed to Darwin which is very humid and hot.  When it's hot here I'm generally ok as long as I have some fans to keep the air moving.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

This thing about dry vs humid heat..  I've never tried anything more bizarre than in Florida at the transition to spring. One day, jumping out the plane at 16000ft felt like usual; the next day, at some 4-5000ft it felt like falling into a wet pillow.

I'll be careful enough on the skates not to risk a heli-lift, else I will have serious fun. Yes, I wear my Tiger Paws wrist protection.

Yihaa, we're finally scheduled for rain this night. Maybe even just over one centimeter, tsk tsk.. :facepalm:

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

We've been oscillating between 40 and 44 C here in Arizona for the past 2 months.  The good news is that this heat triggers our summer monsoons, which cause a 10 degree drop in temperature along with massive amounts of water from the heavens!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

Samuraipanda

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Here in PA - USA, I'm playing goalie tonight in an outdoor roller hockey league. Two games tonight and the temp right now is 31C.
And humidity is around 85%. Gonna sweat some lbs off tonight.

vansinn

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Ok ok ok, guyz, I get it..  I'll stop complaining about summer heat..  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up