Non ADA Gear > Effects

NPD - Mesa Boogie V-Twin Preamp

(1/3) > >>

Systematic Chaos:
just found one in a Tokyo 2nd hand / pawn shop for 80$ and couldn't pass.....
Mesa Boogie V-Twin preamp pedal.... 2 1/2 channels all tube/analog, hand-built like a tank :

It's definitely not an ultra high-gain preamp but it does everything up to hard-rock/metal and it takes an OD pedal up front real well (tried it with a Maxon OD808 and an MXR GT-OD).
It still had the original Mesa 12AX7 Russian 2 (aka EH) tubes in but those had reached the end of the musical life-span.
Found some NOS Groove Tubes GT12AX7M (!!!!) in a music shop and now this baby shines

rnolan:
Very cool SC  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP:
I wonder how you do it  ;D you always find great deals.  :thumb-up:

Samuraipanda:
I had one for a year, the 2nd version. Good sounding and I should have kept it. $80 ?????
I sold mine for $325 and I've seen them on CL for $400+

I thought it was a bit flubby in the low end but didn't really take a lot of time trying to add an eq pedal to it to see if I could tighten up. I got it around the same time I picked up the 3.666 mod MP1 and I spent much more time tweaking that.  :homer:

Great deal!

Let me know if you can find any Washburn KC100 guitars over there... I would love to get a third.

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: Samuraipanda on June 28, 2018, 12:50:41 PM ---I had one for a year, the 2nd version. Good sounding and I should have kept it. $80 ?????
I sold mine for $325 and I've seen them on CL for $400+

I thought it was a bit flubby in the low end but didn't really take a lot of time trying to add an eq pedal to it to see if I could tighten up. I got it around the same time I picked up the 3.666 mod MP1 and I spent much more time tweaking that.  :homer:

Great deal!

Let me know if you can find any Washburn KC100 guitars over there... I would love to get a third.

--- End quote ---

It is indeed flubby on the low end, but a TS-Type OD up front takes care of that and the result is 100% Boogie Mk-meets-Recto.
I nevertheless attached the schematics...maybe MJMP can point out if theres potential for some possible mods part-value wise to tame the low end flub and tickle some more gain ;-)

There are some Washburn KC100 guitars on the used market here, average going rate on them 90-150$. Problem with getting them to your doorstep is CITES....
ThatÅ› easier with the Ibanez Pro Line series you asked about....those are ebony or maple fretboards. A good used 1996 PL5510 e.g. goes for roughly 300$

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version