Non ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabinets

SPEAKER WIRING SCHEMATICS

(1/7) > >>

Kim:

Harley Hexxe:
   Good post Kim :thumb-up:

This should help eliminate the confusion when people go to install custom speakers and re-wire their amps/cabs, just as long as they remember to pay attention to the Nominal Impedance requirements on the amplifier!

Harley 8)

Dante:
GREAT idea, Kim  :thumb-up:

I wish this had been here when I got my 4x12 cabinet & rewired it for stereo. Coulda saved me some searching - which it will do for others now, thanks to you  :bow:

rnolan:
Of note though, where it says "ring" it should say sleeve so not to be confused with Tip, Ring, Sleeve (TRS) stereo jacks. Mono jacks, as used in these diagrams, are Tip Sleeve (TS) jacks not Tip Ring (TR).

A useful wiring is how I did one of my Split stacks so if you plug into one jack the cab is mono with speakers in parallel, if you plug into both jacks it splits the speakers to be separate (stereo).  The speakers in it are 16ohm so it's either 8 ohm mono or 16 ohm L, 16 ohm R (which is how I typically use it).

Kim:
Thanks to GuitarBuilder for providing this extra attached info.   :wave:  A lot more in-depth and comprehensive, should anyone require that. 

--- Quote from: GuitarBuilder on November 21, 2016, 12:23:17 PM ---Check out the attached article - it has every conceivable 4x12 wiring combination.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version