Non ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabinets

NCD!! New Cab Day

(1/2) > >>

Dante:
Hey folks,

I was dealing with the beam of sound issue in my two 1x12 cabs, just like Gerry and Richard, but rather than just cut some foam doughnuts, I bought a bigger cab!!! YAY! bigger is always better, right? It's a Hughes & Kettner Vortex cab.

What? I have to carry this thing? Crap.

Actually, it's lighter than most 4x12 cabs, despite it's large size. It is constructed out of particle board, which scared me at first. However, it's built really well, in that the front and back baffles are sealed in the tops/sides of the cab, giving it a tight punchy sound.  :thumb-up:

The things that sold me were: Tight punchy gains, shimmering CLEAR cleans, and the light weight. Oh, and the cheap price, I got it for $80 USD. As soon as I got it home, I took it apart, cleaned all the dust (and beer) off the cones, and rewired it for stereo (dual mono).

Samuraipanda:
Sweet!!!! Great score.  :banana-rasta:

MarshallJMP:
What speakers are in there?

Wow 80 bucks is cheap!

Kim:
Nice!  That was a big selling point on my pair of 4x12 cabs as well....each one is a bit smaller than that standard-issue 4x12 (Marshall 1960 cab) and lighter than one as well.  That, and they were very inexpensive because they didn't happen to say Marshall anywhere on them.  ;)

Harley Hexxe:
Helluva deal!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version