ADA Preamps > MB-1

MB1 rig is growing

<< < (2/6) > >>

Harley Hexxe:
@ Richard,

Sounds good man! Maybe you might look on Evil-bay for a Rane SM-82. That's a great single space mixer, and built like a tank!

Harley 8)

Peter H. Boer:
MB-1 RULEZZZZZ  :banana-guitar:

rnolan:
Hey Harley, looks like a nice unit but has no AUX sends, ideally I'd like 3 or 4 sends (6 would be perfect), the Alesis Soloist uses has 1 stereo FX send, I did see a 1 RU line mixer with more but can't remember what it was  :facepalm: .  My AM802 mixer has 3 post fader sends, so I use 1&2 to Quadverb L/R and 3 feeds the IPS 33 Smart Shift (which I hardly ever use these days).  The if I bought a Lexicon MX300 I could probably just use the MP2 FX loop (though you said the loop changes the tone, is that just at higher return mix levels ?, I'd probably set the returns at 25% with FX full wet).

rnolan:
Hey Peter, yes they do, I'm really liking the MB1s  :whoohoo!: .  I got some Mullard long plates ordered, should be here tomorrow or Friday, I suspect they will go well with this setup.
The DCM200L is a good lite clean amp for the (small) rig, 200w into 8ohm in bridge mode.  The Mesa powerhouse 1x 12" is 300w box and seems plenty loud and very nice sound (but has at least a chance of fitting in my car).  I'm working on my right hand technique for the bass, it's destroying my guitar playing fingernails  :facepalm: .

Harley Hexxe:

--- Quote from: rnolan on July 05, 2016, 11:39:41 PM ---Hey Harley, looks like a nice unit but has no AUX sends, ideally I'd like 3 or 4 sends (6 would be perfect), the Alesis Soloist uses has 1 stereo FX send, I did see a 1 RU line mixer with more but can't remember what it was  :facepalm: .  My AM802 mixer has 3 post fader sends, so I use 1&2 to Quadverb L/R and 3 feeds the IPS 33 Smart Shift (which I hardly ever use these days).  The if I bought a Lexicon MX300 I could probably just use the MP2 FX loop (though you said the loop changes the tone, is that just at higher return mix levels ?, I'd probably set the returns at 25% with FX full wet).

--- End quote ---

I beg to differ with you sir! The SM-82 has Stereo Aux sends with it. I'm probably going to get one for my MP-1/3TM rig, and use the Aux sends to apply the noise gates to both preamps. I could even add a MP-2, and a Classic to that and run the dbx noise gates to all of them, and turn off the built in gates. That might let them breathe a bit more.

Yes, I have noticed the effect changes especially at a 25% wet mix. The effect(s) seem to dull the tone of the guitar at that low mix. Depending on which effects I have in the loop, I can sometimes compensate by adjusting the effects mix level, and bringing up the MP-2 effects loop;

At 25% dry mix, I also noticed how the effects would be oppressive, and you really begin to lose the tone of the guitar at that point.

Harley 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version