Let's Get Technical > All PREAMP Tech Tips & Support

Making Bugera 6262 to slave my Ada Mp2 And Gmajor2

<< < (2/3) > >>

Damn-Danny:
I put my ADA mp1 (instead op mp2) in return of my Bugera 333XL inf. sounds awesome with those 4 Svetlana EL 34's.
At momemt my mp1 get modded.
And the mp2 is on hold for the moment .

rnolan:
Hey Hanneman213, good advice from SC, using an amps loop return (typically) feeds straight into the poweramp stage and bypasses the amps preamp (desirable with ADA preamps). Down side is it's mono so you need 2 amps for best effect.  With fender twin you'll need to run into its preamp stage (as no loop).  So you'd use the clean channel and keep the input gain low.  Also the fenders eq stage is in the signal chain.  In the back of the new(ish) A/DA App 1 manual are some (good) suggested eq settings for various amps (manual available from A/DA site and also here in App1 area).  You want to set the eq as flat as possible.  Different amps do their tone/eq stack differently so it's not necessarily intuitive how to make it as flat as possible (which is what you want).
So I'd take the fender twin for one channel and Bugera loop return for the other and tweak until it blows your mind  >:D , you can also add a bit of the Twin's reverb (spring reverb sounds quite nice)

Hanneman213:
Haha :)) Rnolan. It will be a science-fiction if I carry this Fender Twin to Venue with my other equipments (including a keyboard) and do that connections.
Anyways, I connected Mp2>Gmajor>Fender Twin and My precious MP2 sounded like a Boss Metal Zone. Then I added The Ampulator before Fender, the sound come back. That means I will carry The ampulator to Venue for a life saving situation.

rnolan:
Well I know lugging the extra gear is a pain  :facepalm: but IMHO the sound is worth it  :thumb-up: , I always run in stereo although I get the lugging hassles  :facepalm: :facepalm: . (BTW should see what MJMP takes to a gig  >:D :whoohoo!: )

Hanneman213:
ı have one question about Fender Twin 65 amp. when I connect my preamp or pedal to this amp, The sounds is like direct, I mean there's no cabinet depth and mass. When I include the ampulator or use the mixer output of the pedal which includes a cab simulation, The sound becomes what we want actually. What can be the problem ? Is it the nature of this amp ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version