ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amp/cab emu for my rig?  (Read 1549 times)

vansinn

Amp/cab emu for my rig?
« on: Time Format »

The cab filters in my MP2 just doesn't do it; they're ok when used powered speakers, but not with cans/plugs, which I need to use in my current living quarters.

I would prefer a TwoNotes C.A.B., but it's a Bit on the expensive side, so I've been thinking of the Moer Radar.
It does a fine job (check out Thorn's fine review on the tube), just doesn't have MIDI..  but then again, when using a real amp/cab we don't switch sound with each preset anyways, so..

It doesn't do amp sims, just cabs, but then again, I think the combination of my MP2 with the right tubes (long plate in v2 pos) and the Radar ought to work just fine, especially when finalized by an old soft-knee compressor/limiter I scooped up.

These devices are all mono, so I'd simply arrange a separate mono send/return loop after the gain states and EQ in the MP2; peace of cake)

Comments needed on the Radar and potential other devices.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Re: Amp/cab emu for my rig?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

The cab filters in my MP2 just doesn't do it; they're ok when used powered speakers, but not with cans/plugs, which I need to use in my current living quarters.

I would prefer a TwoNotes C.A.B., but it's a Bit on the expensive side, so I've been thinking of the Moer Radar.
It does a fine job (check out Thorn's fine review on the tube), just doesn't have MIDI..  but then again, when using a real amp/cab we don't switch sound with each preset anyways, so..

It doesn't do amp sims, just cabs, but then again, I think the combination of my MP2 with the right tubes (long plate in v2 pos) and the Radar ought to work just fine, especially when finalized by an old soft-knee compressor/limiter I scooped up.

These devices are all mono, so I'd simply arrange a separate mono send/return loop after the gain states and EQ in the MP2; peace of cake)

Comments needed on the Radar and potential other devices.

The Mooer radar DOES Power Amp Sim (6L6, EL34, 6V6, EL84) and even has a very sophisticated and usable EQ in addition to the IR

vansinn

Re: Amp/cab emu for my rig?
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Ooups.. missed that. Just downloaded the manual and I'll be damned.. ;)
Guess I could live with no MIDI control - will be the same as when having an amp/cab; same final sound all the time, unless using an amp switcher between two kits.

MIDI might be possible if I could snoop the USB communication and script something on an Arduino board or whatever..
Pages: [1]   Go Up