ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MB1 Program issues  (Read 1187 times)

TTP

MB1 Program issues
« on: Time Format »

Hi All.

Just joined this forum a week ago but already received a warm welcome from the "Introduce yourself" page.

Right, story is - just bought a MB1 sn 900554 Eprom version 1.19.

Good news - Amplification works fine, no unusual noise I can program and store. The battery has definitely been changed earier and I can measure 2.86 VDC across it.

Bad news. - When I reload the standard programs 1-79, it doesn't load the values as recorded in the Preset List available as first item on the subject list in this section. It simply doesn't replace the existing settings with the ones in the preset list.

Q: Any good suggestions other than trying to replace the Eprom with the later version.

Other than that I'm already in mail dialogue with JMJP conc. parts for the ususal tweaks of tranny, Eprom, Noise & battery kits.

Regards
Thomas

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: MB1 Program issues
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

The V1.19 only has 29 presets, only the 2.05 has the 79 presets.

Did you try this?

Press the Store button, it will light
Than press the Bank button and while holding the bank button press the 1 button. On the display you should see "Presets loaded".

Battery is quite low, it gets dangerous for loosing your presets when it goes below 2.7V.

BTW I just mailed you. Sorry it took so long.

TTP

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Ahaa  :)
Now that off course explains why. The manual I have and followed to re-boot (as you describe) mentioned 79 presets.
Thanks
Thomas

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Thomas, when you upgrade all those bits, it will be killer  >:D :thumb-up: .  MB-1 has 256 patch locations and the 2.05 eprom also brings in CC control of a bunch of stuff.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Ahaa  :)
Now that off course explains why. The manual I have and followed to re-boot (as you describe) mentioned 79 presets.
Thanks
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Going from 1.19 to 2.05 also included some modifications to the board, if I'm not mistaken.
The MB1 papers I sent you should include thos mods also.

Peter :thumb-up:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I just read the notes, 13 resistor value changes and a new resistor across C92.  This is to fix tendency to distort with moderate to hard fingering styles.  I think one of my MB-1s hasn't had these changes as I've noticed occasional clip distortion when my bass player is using it, and she plays fairly hard  >:D .  And the clip leds don't show it so it's been bothering me as to the cause.  I've attached the notes Peter is referring to in case you haven't got them.  You don't need to do these mods for v2.05 EPROM to work, the mods fix the distortion issue which, if that's what is happening in my MB-1 (and I think it is) is a very unpleasant and loud clip.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I already mailed him these, I sold TTP a resistor kit for it after he checked to make sure it wasen't already done.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

I already mailed him these, I sold TTP a resistor kit for it after he checked to make sure it wasn't already done.
Cool  :thumb-up: , I need to check my MB-1s', I may need a couple of resistor kits as well  :dunno:

TTP

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hi All.
Thanks for the various feedback. Yes bought a new Eprom, noise- and battery kit plus the 4k3 reistor for C92 so looking very much forward for the parts to arrive and do the update.
Regards
Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up