ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-2 firmware image v 1.41 download  (Read 364 times)

Gregg

MP-2 firmware image v 1.41 download
« on: Time Format »

The MP-2 I am working on has firmware version 1.31 programmed.  I have the equipment to program a new 27C256 EPROM and have some 27C256s in stock from the vintage arcade game repairs I do.  Does anyone have a firmware image of 1.41 that they can share with me?

Would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you.

Gregg

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP-2 firmware image v 1.41 download
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Gregg, MarshallJMP makes copies and sells them (https://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm).  But he seems to be MIA at the moment, not sure why (and it's not like him  :crazy: :dunno: ).   I have seen them (pre programmed 1.41 EPROMs) on other places e.g. evil bay, maybe Reverb?? 

I've not seen the image available (not that it would be hard to make I suspect (if you had the right gear..))  Maybe someone else here can help?

It's definitely an update you want/need to do.  The (midi) patch changes are "painfully" slow with the original firmware.  ADA updated to 1.41 very quickly to fix it when the MP-2 was released (I was an early adopter). v1.41 includes a setting to set program changes to normal or fast.  I've no idea why you'd want to use the "normal" setting.  It was almost unusable.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Gregg

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I definitely have the right equipment to copy the firmware EPROM if someone in the community sent me one.  Would also make the file available for folks in the community to DIY their own EPROM if they had the equipment.  But of course someone would have to trust me with their precious v 1.41 firmware EPROM.

Gregg

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Gregg,

What part of the world are you in if I may ask?

Worst case scenario, if we can't get you the eprom, could you still copy it from a MP-2?

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Gregg

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Given an MP-2 or just the firmware chip from one, I could easily copy the firmware. 

I am near Reno, NV in the USA.

Gregg

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Gregg, stay tuned, I just gave one of my MP-2's to friend (he help me move house a while ago).  Now this MP-2 (which now has a US transformer in it) is having issues with the ribbon cable that connects the front panel to the PCB (sometimes works and boots up, sometimes doesn't :-( ).  So cheap solution I grab (borrow) the 1.41 EPROM and send it to you, or better (in some ways for him) we ship the MP-2 to you, and maybe you can fix the ribbon cable issue, copy the EPROM and send it back.  Downside with the 2nd option is postage, we live in Canberra Australia, sending the EPROM is cheap, MP-2 not so cheap....   

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Is the firmware chip soldered to the board? If not, then maybe I can just remove one from one of mine.
That would be quicker and cheaper the postage from Australia. (I'm in Akron, OH).

Gregg

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

It is socketed, see image attached. Whoever sends me one I will of course pay shipping both ways and provide you with a spare!

Gregg
« Last Edit: Time Format by Gregg »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, it's the same deal as the MP-1 EPROM, in a chip socket in much the same location on the PCB.  MikeB is bringing it over tonight and I'll post on Monday, so all good.  It's small and light so shipping wont be expensive or too slow.  Mike even has a nice little box to put it in that his FSB uno EPROM came in  :thumb-up:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Well, if anything should fall through on your end Richard, I can send him mine (from Northern California - it'll be quick).

Oh, and Gregg; if you have any pull at Bizarre Guitar, let me know  :thumb-up:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

It's really no trouble at all for me, and postage will be a lot less than from Australia. Since I have two MP-2's, it's not like I'll be without one while Gregg is doing his thing.

Besides, I've been dialing in the Cyber-Rig lately, and working on a different pedal board, so I don't think I'll be getting into my ADA gear in the next couple of weeks.

@ Gregg,

Check your PMs
Pages: [1]   Go Up