ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: MP2 CE425  (Read 1859 times)

DeanIversenGreen

MP2 CE425
« on: Time Format »

Hello Y'all, need a CE425 chip, any ideas? anyone partin one out has a good one? workaround? otherwise it goes back

thanks, Dee

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP2 CE425
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Dee, MJMP may have some ideas  :dunno: .  Failing that I do have a US voltage MP-2 that I'm thinking to sell.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

These are impossible to find, from what I know these where custom made for ada.

DeanIversenGreen

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

has anyone tried to copy the data?  they have real simple to sophisticated systems out there that will unlock many and a good hacker can get the data off of them, then someone could burn off 100 or so and have them..

just cuz they were special order doesn't mean they cannot be copied does it? I looked into burners and a good one is like $50, software that's easy enough..  I've bought several from that guy in Germany who sells all sorts of epproms..  maybe I should shoot him am email he might already know the situation and maybe they cannot be copied, seems odd ADA would do something of this nature, they have all the code for this chip or the manufacturer does, no reason they cannot just copy a bunch off?  hmm

just an easy search reveals software and burners readily available..  found a few places that sells chips in bulk as well .. hmm.. no one has contacted ADA regarding this or?  I see where many folks need one and obviously the older the unit gets the more CE425's will be failing..

https://www.amazon.com/ARCELI-TL866II-Performance-EEPROM-Programmer/dp/B07CQQBGVK/ref=asc_df_B07CQQBGVK/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=250207764905&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9415089719509339018&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1022639&hvtargid=pla-583450746190&psc=1

https://outflux.net/software/pkgs/EPROM/

DeanIversenGreen

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Dee, MJMP may have some ideas  :dunno: .  Failing that I do have a US voltage MP-2 that I'm thinking to sell.

how much? is it a donor or? is everything working as it should

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

These are analog devices, not digital, my guess it's a bunch of comparators.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

how much? is it a donor or? is everything working as it should
Sent you PM

DeanIversenGreen

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

I emailed the guy who does alot of these Eprom upgrade chips in germany, sent me back said he needs to know what chip it is, then needs the code, not sure if he has read it yet or not but my guess is he will need a donor ship to burn off of..

I have watched several of these eeprom copy videos on youtube seems the chip burner that runs off USB comes with the software to copy the code or settings whatever they are, the programming of the chip, if it is indeed locked to where the software wont be able to copy it as in its read only then they are using an arduino and copying everything even the lock then bring that as well so apparently any chip can be copied long as you can get a hold of the same chips, wont matter if they have programming on them or or not they can be dumped then written to..

I am curious if this is what was meant when JJMP said they were specially made as in a one off chip? or just the programming or?

I am seeing a chip the same dimensions and pins it has what appears to be a chip in a window in the middle of it?

if this is indeed a one off chip then whats it take to have someone make a run of a 1000 of them or so, a chip manufacturer..

seems silly to have the LED's not working over something this simple, and apparently eventually all of these chips will break so makes sense to have them ready to go somewhere..

I'll look into who can make this special eeprom chip how much so forth, where can we get the architecture or can this be extracted from functioning chip..  guess I'll have to look into this as well, it's a decent unit IMO so maybe worth it.. there may be a chip out here compatible that can be made form a working chip I am talking to some of the guys on youtube who do this as well..

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

This chip is NOT digital, there is nothing to read out!! Also the dimensions are not the same as the eprom, the eprom is 28 pins 0.6" wide while the CE425 is 24 pins 0.3" wide.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Dee, so it's not a memory chip (just storing 1 & 0s (ROM, PROM, EPROM etc), it's a miniature electronic circuit encased in a chip.  To get it made you would need the circuit or reverse engineer the chips functions and create a circuit(s) that do the same thing.  While it could be done, it is probably (prohibitively) expensive.

DeanIversenGreen

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

ah, fantastic, wow, how bizarre so a guy has to hope he runs into a good one somewhere along the line, for an LED controller a very odd way of approaching it if ya ask me..

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Well the MP-2 was designed in the very early 90's, I even wonder if you can make it in a digital form.

DeanIversenGreen

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

I just meant making the chip in an oddball size so forth, why not use a standard in a standard format so it can be reproduced, if not insure the chip never ever fails?  a guys supposed to chuck his effects cuz a chip fails, or use it in a lesser capacity?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Hey Dee, I hear you, although I've never heard of this chip failing before and it is 25 or more years later.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

They Fail sometimes, they can get pretty hot and disturb the working of the MP-2. So when they fail it's best to get them out.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up