ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP1 Channel clips  (Read 16348 times)

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: MP1 Channel clips
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

I feel to many younger players today get stuck in the amp modelers, Line 6 HD500, Kempler ect. While they sound awesome for recording they lack that tube amp feel when used live. I know cause I have tried them. As rabidgerry says they are pretty soulless. Many older guitarist I know and most pros still use rack rigs. I could see ADA's latest offering having a place in a some guitarist arsenal however just not in mine. That's just my preference though.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey Soloist, +1  :thumb-up: and maybe a salient/applicable metaphor is that most new guitarist learn to tune their instrument with a guitar tuner these days. I had a tuning fork and a pitch pipe when I started... The danger of modeling amps (in some ways) is they make it to easy to sound "ok(ish)" and the player doesn't have to learn to play properly. Hey modeling amps have their place, I don't have one, MP2 works great for me.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chris5150

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Here's my take, there is a long explanation of the signal chain in my thread in the ADA MP1 channel section. It takes a lot to make this thing really show it's potential but it really is a bad ass little pedal.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up