ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA MP-2 Firmware v 1.41  (Read 506 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: ADA MP-2 Firmware v 1.41
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Well, while I'm in there with a soldering iron, it probably wouldn't hurt to swap out some caps for fresh ones. Everything in my MP-2s are all original. 

Everything in my MP-2s work like they're supposed to, so I haven't been in any rush to get inside them and start yanking components. Remember the old saying: If it's not broke, don't fix it?
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, absolutely  :thumb-up: .  My original MP-2 is still pretty much stock.  IIRC I checked R611 and it had been done in the factory before it shipped to Australia.  So all I've done is just the 1.41 EPROM update (very soon after I bought it) and tubes quite a few years later).  Caps are still original and it's not noisy so until it does get noisy, I'll leave it alone.  I did measure the test point for R913 quite a while ago and it was 187v so all good there also and the battery is still ok (but that will need to be done at some point). 

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Gregg

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, absolutely  :thumb-up: .  My original MP-2 is still pretty much stock.  IIRC I checked R611 and it had been done in the factory before it shipped to Australia.  So all I've done is just the 1.41 EPROM update (very soon after I bought it) and tubes quite a few years later).  Caps are still original and it's not noisy so until it does get noisy, I'll leave it alone.  I did measure the test point for R913 quite a while ago and it was 187v so all good there also and the battery is still ok (but that will need to be done at some point).

Interesting regarding R913.  Both of the MP-2's I worked on recently had R913 way out of spec... the HV was over 220VDC on both until I replaced R913 at which point it was nearly spot on at 190VDC. 

I was amazed to find that the battery was still good on both so I didn't touch that even though I had the parts to add a battery holder.

Gregg

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Hey Gregg, of the 5 MP-2s I've bought, only one had R913 over 190VDC. Changing that was when I lifted my first pad  :facepalm:   There's a really old post about it on here somewhere LoL I'd just got my new desolder station thingy, practised on an old PCB, then oh sh^t, lifted a pad and had to put in a jumper wire.... Kind of took the wind out of sail as it were.  The other 4 are all between ~184VDC and IIRC 187 VDC.  So go figure (why is it so).   

Also I've only had to change the battery in 1 of them.  It's crazy how long those original batteries have lasted.  It's now a common issue in MP-1s as they are much older.  But again they lasted so long.  The MP-1 manual says 8-10 years but they went on much longer than that.  What no one has every brought up yet is how long a much newer CR2032 in a holder lasts. I suspect not as long  :dunno: .  I'd proffer that it would have been good protective maintenance to put in the holders, just saying  :wave: .  Have you found a vertical holder with the correct pin spacing.  All the things I came across here in Oz were too narrow.  In the end, I put in a CR2032 with legs attached but had to really spread out the legs.  Some solder on some extension wire to the available holders to line up better with the PCB holes.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up