ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Self Quaranteen Stories  (Read 14354 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Self Quaranteen Stories
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

As promised, pix of the garden. The Cucumbers died...oh well, the Radishes are quick, I got a GIANT purple carrot, about the size of a turnip....fun stuff.

I got a tiller from a friend and dug up a new bed - not raised, just dug it up and mixed in some good soil - it's full of Radishes, with a couple Sweet pepper plants. I have tons of Jalapenos and Red Bell peppers.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

They've lifted some restrictions for people here also, way too soon in my opinion and what do you know?  The cases have gone up.  And it's all the people who are down the pub cramming themselves into any bar going.  f**king insane.  In my particular area no one is self distancing or doing anything like that.  Although I hear from my friends that people are still taking precautions where they live.  I guess they're all just idiotic in my area.  The masks thing I have started own my own but it will be made mandatory in shops soon.  Next week I think.  Public transport has forced the mask thing for a while now.

I've done so very little since this whole thing started.  I went to a forest for a walk a few weeks ago and I felt like I was in heaven.  Then walked up a small mountain too and looked out over the city.  That was pretty cool.  No pubs, no restaurants, no cafes, no cinema, no public transport, nothing like that for me.  One band practice so far and another one on Saturday.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

Yeah, we had our bars open here in California - I don't think I need to tell you what happened. Nobody self-distanced, no masks. Now they're all closed again. Dumbasses.

Back to square one

But - I just found out I can go camping, apparently, and hiking. Cool!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

Yeah, we had our bars open here in California - I don't think I need to tell you what happened. Nobody self-distanced, no masks. Now they're all closed again. Dumbasses.

Back to square one

But - I just found out I can go camping, apparently, and hiking. Cool!

Yeah I saw the news about California  :facepalm:

Florida also I saw had people blatantly denying there was anything wrong or to worry about.

I must saw your home produce looks great!  Some day I will have a vegetable patch of my own, always wanted one when I was a kid for some reason??

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

I had to have a garden this summer, I didn't have one last year and it killed me. Now, I have a gigantic (barren) yard to dig up. Previously, I lived in an alley, just grew stuff in pots. Nice to have it this year with the pandemic....kept me sane.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

I had to have a garden this summer, I didn't have one last year and it killed me. Now, I have a gigantic (barren) yard to dig up. Previously, I lived in an alley, just grew stuff in pots. Nice to have it this year with the pandemic....kept me sane.

Yeah not surprised at all.

It's been a pretty shit summer here weather wise which has been good as it keeps people sensible (well kind of), but like today when the sun is out people lose their shit big time as we spend most of our year cold and wet and of course the lacking in distancing and taking safety measures is actually astounding all because the sun is out and stupid Irish people and UK people just go daft (that's stupid for anyone who doesn't know). 

I already learnt today of a whole pile of places that have it (bars and restaurants) and three counties in the Rep of Ireland that have went back into lockdown.  I have zero tolerance for these people being stupid, it's not over by a long shot and if they want to be stupid that's fine but so long as it's not putting me a risk.

Thankfully on Monday they introduce masks as mandatory in shops.  Looking forward to the fuss this creates  :lol:

No problem for me, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to keep me a little safer whether its really much use or not.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

Anyone got a jab yet?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

I got my first shot earlier this week. I get my second after 28 days

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #68 on: Time Format »

I don't know if I'm going to go that route.

I've been pretty much keeping to myself here, only going out when I need something. Pretty uneventful. Work, home, is basically it for me.

I am going to have to get my car to a buddy's shop in the next week or so, I have to replace my front and rear suspension, and I'll be doing that with him at the shop.

I know, how exciting eh?

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #69 on: Time Format »

Hey man, when I flew to the Philippines in the Air Force, we HAD TO get the malaria vaccine. No different.

If you get the shot(s), you won't catch it. You may however, pass it along to someone else unknowingly (so they recommend keeping a mask on).

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #70 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, jabs are just starting here, I expect most will get their first shot over the next couple of months.  Fortunately we pretty much got on top of it here so there is less need to rush.  All the cases are returned travelers in hotel quarantine, though it has got out a few times via cleaners and security guards.  I went to Sydney last weekend for the first time in over a year and we've been back in the office for a while now.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #71 on: Time Format »

I miss King's Cross, Manly beach and the Zoo...been a long time since I was in Sydney. I went there quite a few times (more than most guys) when I was in the Air Force....a million years ago

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #72 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, your up late (or early lol).  My sister lives in Mosman not far from the zoo, we went down that way on Sat to visit a friend.  Sydney is a nice city but now there are too many people and too many cars, traffic is a nightmare.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #73 on: Time Format »

I got my first shot earlier this week. I get my second after 28 days

Yeah I got mine a couple weeks back.  I get the booster in about another 7-8 weeks.

Moving quite quickly here.  I only got mine so early as in the last few years I was diagnosed with asthma so that bumped me up a little on the priority list.  Personally I was surprised to be called by my Dr but there you go.  I would happily have waited until other had theirs.  I've been behaving and only coming in contact I guess with people in the supermarket.

I was told I might feel side effects, and I would be lying if I didn't tell you I felt like shit the next day, like I was getting a flu.  However I was fine the day after that.  Some people have had real bad effects but only for a day or two.

Good to hear you got you jab also Dante.

Hey RG, jabs are just starting here, I expect most will get their first shot over the next couple of months.  Fortunately we pretty much got on top of it here so there is less need to rush.  All the cases are returned travelers in hotel quarantine, though it has got out a few times via cleaners and security guards.  I went to Sydney last weekend for the first time in over a year and we've been back in the office for a while now.

That's good to hear.  I dunno if they were on top of it here or not, I guess that needs defined.  I know it was ape shit on the figures after Christmas where I am as you would expect.  Other countries I know were doing ok initially all had their run of getting hit bad so I'm not sure who really is on top and who isn't.   Thought New Zealand where on top of their for example but didn't they have a lockdown begin about 2 weeks ago after a big boxing match was over?
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #74 on: Time Format »

Hey man, when I flew to the Philippines in the Air Force, we HAD TO get the malaria vaccine. No different.

If you get the shot(s), you won't catch it. You may however, pass it along to someone else unknowingly (so they recommend keeping a mask on).

I know what you mean Dante,

When I was in the Navy, aboard the USS Independence, we were going to make a port visit to Mauritius. Three weeks before we got there, we got the malaria vaccine, and the whole crew was on Quinine tablets up until a week after we left there.

I'm well aware that anyone could have the virus and not know it, and can be passing it along to everyone they get close enough to. That's why I've been keeping to myself. Reported cases of it in NE Ohio have been up and down, and back up again, because generally here, people are pretty careless about it. I wear my mask anytime I have to leave the house, and for the last month or so, I've been double-masking when I go to a supermarket and places like that.

Since I don't have a family physician, I don't know when or if I might get a notice to get jabbed, so I'm playing it close to the vest.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up