ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for RUSH patches - MP2 for songs  (Read 7615 times)

Satch

Looking for RUSH patches - MP2 for songs

New World Man
Tom Sawyer
Fly By Night

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Re: Looking for RUSH patches - MP2 for songs
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hi Satch,

you mean "recent" Alex Lifeson kinda tones.....? (H&K TriAmp & Switchblade/Coreblade, MB Mark V)
I would use Warm Hi-Gain as a starting point, dry to set the gain to your tastes. Then add Stereo Chorus and some Delay (1-2 repeats, 20% in the mix)....
That should give you that really lush sound that´s awesome when doing big open chords

Red Sector A Live
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

kawai2g4b

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Whoever originally owned my MP-2 has two Lifeson patches programmed that I have not erased...that said, they don't quite get there...I will try and reprogram them and relay my info to you when I get them right.  What guitar will you be using for these?  I would think a Strat for early 80s era.  The instrument choice will greatly help my tweaking for your benefit.  (For that matter I need a Rush patch myself so I am not going completely out of my way on this)
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

You should also consider a semi-hollow body, for that 'open' sound. I'll try to whip up some patches over the 3-day weekend for you, using my ES-335 clone.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

3 day weekend.. that's not fair LoL, is that a whole US thing or just a California thing ?

It's a Holiday we call Memorial Day, to remember all the poor souls that gave the ultimate sacrifice to 'preserve' our freedom. That's how the pitch goes. It's to memorialize fallen comrades in arms. I'm a Veteran, so I think of the friends I've lost and thank God (or the Gods) I'm here, considering all the stupid things I did in my youth.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

3 day weekend.. that's not fair LoL, is that a whole US thing or just a California thing ?

It's a Holiday we call Memorial Day, to remember all the poor souls that gave the ultimate sacrifice to 'preserve' our freedom. That's how the pitch goes. It's to memorialize fallen comrades in arms. I'm a Veteran, so I think of the friends I've lost and thank God (or the Gods) I'm here, considering all the stupid things I did in my youth.  :facepalm:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Well I don't get the holiday here but I'm with you guys in spirit  :thumb-up: , I spose our equivalent in Oz is Anzac day, while I don't support war, I do (totally) support our people who's job it is to fight them....if you know what I mean. My thoughts go with you and yours at this time time  :'(
Sincerely R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Here's a patch I use primarily for Classic rock. I always play the intro to Limelight to test the tone and make sure it's got the right midrangy voice I'm seeking. Low drive, high Master = clean, overdriven crunch:

Voicing:   #4    Vintage Brown
Drive: 50       Master: 88

Low: 4
Mid: -4
Hi: 0
Pres: 2

Compressor: In     Ratio: 1.5/1    Threshold: 100    Gain: 35 (I use the Quad Switch to toggle this on/off)

EQ = FLAT!

WAH: Out / Triggered / Sens=74 / Delay= 0 / Start = 0 (I use the Quad Switch to toggle this on/off)

Tremolo: Out/Surf

Noise Reduction: In / Gate / 35

Chorus: In / 100 / 0.3 (I use the Quad Switch to toggle this on/off)

F/X Loop: OUT (I use the Quad Switch to toggle this on/off)
Pages: [1]   Go Up