ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Patch change question  (Read 3431 times)

rcknrllmn

Patch change question
« on: Time Format »

Hi

I'm having a patch change problem.  When I send a patch change command over midi to the MP-1 >100, for example PC 104
the MP-1 goes to 04 instead of 104.  The PC message is coming from a Roland VG-99.  I checked the MP-1 for PC mapping. All patches are set to 1-1 up to 128-128.  Anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Patch change question
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I guess the roland is sending a bank switch message above preset 99 and i think the mp-1 doesn't recognise this.
Look at the midi implementation of the roland.

http://roland.com/support/article/?q=manuals&p=VG-99&id=63185573

Look under program change,there is some stuff there.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

So you can test what the MP1 is "receiving". If you leave the PRGM button active (light on), it will display the MIDI program number it's receiving (regardless of internal changes (which as you say are set to 1-1)). So this will tell you what the roland is sending to it. As MJMP says, it would seem to be a the roland end, not sending the patch number you are expecting, The Roland has lots of variables/flexibility so you probably just need to get it sending the "right" thing (PC) (and it no doubt has very flexible routing/mapping tables). Also worth noting, MP1 is Midi 1 - 128 where many gadgets (don't know about the roland) go from 0 - 127 (hence 0 in my Quadverb = 1 in MP1, 19 = 20, 127 = 128 etc.). And my old Digitech IPS33 Smart Shift only goes to 1 - 99 LOL.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rcknrllmn

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

OK, thanks for the replies.  I'll try all suggestions.

I should also note that I also have a BOSS GTPro & a Roland JV-1080 rack synth connected in this midi chain.
The GT-Pro IS going to the correct patch # and the JV-1080 is behaving like the MP-1. 

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Well if the roland acts the same way then it will be due to the midi capabilities of the "older" mp-1 and roland.The boss is newer and can handle the bank messages.
Pages: [1]   Go Up