ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Continuous Control for a Digitech Whammy  (Read 1972 times)

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official

Hey Rockers,

I'm using an ART X15 foot controller with my MP1 and Quadraverb.  What I would like to do is find a way to set up patches where my Digitech Whammy pedal is on/off and use the expression pedals on the X15 to control the pitch.  The Whammy has MIDI in/out, but I can't seem to find any clear instructions on how to do this and nobody seems to be able to explain what the hell the MIDI is even for if nobody knows how to use it?

In summary, has anyone ever tried to control a whammy pedal with an expression pedal on their floorboard?
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Chip, it will depend on what CC parameters (if any) the digitech will respond to.  The expression pedal(s)  on your X15 will be assigned CC numbers, then it's a matter of setting the digitech to respond to it.I can control a few things in my MP2 with the ADA expression pedal.  I use it for stereo master volume but I can assign it to other parameters e.g. the wah.  I don't remember if the Quadverb will respond to CC  :dunno: , maybe the later version can.  Mine is a very early version so I don't think it does.You need to sus out what the digitech can do CC wise.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up