ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boss GT100  (Read 4880 times)

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Boss GT100
« on: Time Format »

Anyone here own a boss gt100? I am thinking of picking up one but I'm not sure how good it will sound though my Mesa 50/50 and Ada slant stacks. I had a Pod hd500 years ago and it sounded like total crap. The gsp1101 is ok but I'm on the hunt for some thing better.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Samuraipanda

Re: Boss GT100
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I've been using a GT-10 for years with my MP-1, MP-2, MT100 and Mesa 295 with splitstacks for years. The effects are great and the ability to use 4CM makes it very flexible. The amp sims aren't the greatest but from friends who have the GT100, they have improved them if you want to go standalone.
One of the best features of the GT series are the dual NS2 noise gate sims that you can place anywhere in the signal chain. The harmonizer is stereo and can have two separate voices. I totally recommend this unit if you're not going with TC Electronics, etc.

https://youtu.be/UBKpsDvmSmI

« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

Bazza

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I use a GT100 with my MP1. I also use the 4CM. It works great with a bit of tweaking on the patches and making sure you turn on the send and return on so you can use the MP1 as the preamp. I use it more for changing patches instead of a mc1 foot controller and the effects.
Have any trouble just ask.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

@Soloist  what don't you like about the gsp1101?  I got one of them to eventually replace either my boss gx700 or sx700, haven't made up my mind yet.

I used a boss GT6 for years, by itself!!  Was before I got into the rack stuff.  Then I got the GT8, but never got round to implementing that.  I love the GT6's metal amp model, no speaker sim, and an OD block boosting it.

I'm sure the GT100 has come leaps and bounds since that man.  You have so much gear  :lol:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Soloist

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I am thinking of selling the JMP1 and the GSP1101 and grabbing the GT100. My thoughts are mostly for simplicity. Smaller rack, smaller foot print.
The gsp is good for recording and FOH, but with the Ada cabs its just not there for me .
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV

Soloist

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Well I finally did it. I condensed my live rig so it is simple to haul around. 2 FRFR cabs, and a Boss GT 100.
I have had the GT for about a month now and I am loving it! Very simple to set up patches, I have about 20 that I've made and it sounds very authentic. I would have liked an Axe FX, but I feel they are still pricey so I traded my sonic maximizer and a couple pedals  for the GT so the price was right.
Alot of the amp sims on it sound amazing. Some are meh but for what I am doing it works excellent. The Marshall, Mesa and 5150 sims do all my metal. :metal: The natural clean and JC120 do all my cleans. Better sounding than the GSp1101 even with custom IR's on the GSP. The effects are just as good (if not better) as the tc electronics plus there are more of them.
Eventually I might have a small rack with my MP1 & MP2 in it and run a 4CM, but for now it rocks  :headbanger:
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

vansinn

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

A few titBits more OT from the GT100 path; sorry I have no exp with the GT's..
I too had a GSP1101 and initially found it quite wauwau, but soon ending up annoyed.
Effects are good, the compressor damn good, but most IR's sounded crap, routing too fixed.
Beta firmware flash, should've applied Ross's (Singtall) preset parameter set; yep, a mistake..
IMHO, Digitech never finalized the [1101] firmware, likely ordered so from their masters..
However, the violin player who bought it made it sound really really.. wauwau :o

Soloist

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Van , funny you should mention that.  I had the C63 update loaded on the GSP along with Singtalls presets and cab sims. Still wasn't impressed. I agree the compressor and reverbs were great. Direct to pc via USB was good (because you could fix it in reaper) otherwise like you said, Digitech dropped the ball and left it half ass. It could have been a sweet piece of gear but......
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

Aelfad

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

With a Carvin tube poweramp and a moderate amount of Sonic Maximizer, 1101 is my current main sound. It did take a fair amount of tweaking to get the sound right, but I'm pretty satisfied with my sound. I hope I'll get a recording of my last week gig to show it to you. If it was good for Mustaine and Helloween, it's good enough for me, too.

Soloist

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

To each his own..
 I cant say for Helloween, but Mustaine only endorsed and used his for about 6 months. Then he switched to a Rocktron Prophesy, whatever works man.
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

vansinn

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

We've all done our best to morf this thread a lot ;)  so I suggest the admins/moderators move the GSP1101 posts to a separate thread, like "GSP1101 woes and wows".
(I miss being Admin..)
Pages: [1]   Go Up