ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD: TC Electronic G-System!!  (Read 6634 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: NGD: TC Electronic G-System!!
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Richard,

I know that pic from the back looked awful, here's a pic of the front. It's a bit cleaner from this angle ;)

Usually, it sits on the speaker cab to the left, tilted back. Right now, i'm still fiddling with knobs, so it's easier to do when it's sitting on the Viper. I'm not using the combo with the rack at all.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, as you say looks cleaner from the front, careful though, like rats, pedals breed  :wave:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

UPDATE: I'm leaning towards the Ibanez TS-9 and the TCE Mojomojo in my rig, and that means the Boss Dyna-Drive is gonna go.

By itself, the Dyna Drive is great. It's a 2nd channel on any amp. It literally gives the MP-1 Classic's Brown sound a run for it's money. When you crank the gain though, the pedal is a bit more mushy than the MP-1 Classic. Otherwise, pretty dang respectable. Keep the gain low, use it for your 'cake' not your 'icing'.

The TS-9 and the Mojomojo are great at icing. I am going to try setting the third loop button to turn them both on at the same time - muhuahaha

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

BUMP: Been using the G system exclusively for several months now and just went back to my GX-700 in the loop of my MP-1 Classic. Lemme tell ya, the GX-700 does a fine job as a multi effects unit, and you could probably use it as an all-in-one if you spent enough time with it.

That said, I am noticing a pretty big difference in the quality of effects between the TC and the Boss.

• My harmonist tracks much smoother and just sounds better with the G-System.
  • My delays are passable in the GX-700, but there are simply more settings and options in the G-system. And, the G-system allows for the delays to 'spill over' when you switch to another patch.
  • The auto wah is very nice in the G-system.
  • The noise gate is great, once you figure it out. Not very intuitive, but very effective.

BTW: Still using the Dyna Drive and the Mojomojo in the loops for the 'icing' on the cake.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up