ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Ultasonic REF3 in my Tele  (Read 3231 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
New Ultasonic REF3 in my Tele
« on: Time Format »

So SC  :bow: helped me get an Ultrasonic Ref3 (single coil sized humbucker) from German evil bay site.
Installed it last night and took it out to a big reunion gig/jam (a bar we've been playing at for 30 years).
I got to play through some pedals and Fender band master (supplied), it was a bring you own guitar only...
So did 2 songs (Cant Allways Get What you Want and Hey Joe), 3 piece (drums/bass). Such a nice PU, I flicked to the bridge (SD Hot Tele (very old one)) once for 2 seconds, did the rest on the Ultrasonic. Sounds even better (not surprisingly through my MP2).
These are very nice PUs if you can find them (I have 2 x ref 3s' and a ref 6 (humbucker sized)) in my Anderson.
Cable colour codes are different to SD PU though, Ult = SD red = bk, wh = red, gr = wh, bl = gr
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Re: New Ultasonic REF3 in my Tele
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Glad I could help....even more glad it works :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: New Ultasonic REF3 in my Tele
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey SC, me too  :thumb-up: It certainly held its own last night. And is a much better selection for neck PU than the new SD Hot Rails I had in there (SD recons these are the highest output of all their PUs (they're not joking)), it want's to be in the bridge (of maybe my daughters Squire Strat, well mine really, she doesn't play it LOL)

I'm pretty sure it's a first series Ultrasonic (as no circuit board on the bottom just resign sealed) and (I'll do some comparisons BTW) maybe not quite as articulate as the 2nd series (which got swapped into my Anderson free very early after buying it (i.e as soon as the new US's came out)).
But then it hasn't had much MP2 time yet (a quick check at 4am in the quiet suburbs).
Next is to get the Ref? Humbucker sized US into the bridge.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up