ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rack Development  (Read 12813 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Rack Development
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

Yeah I was using the monitor mode to check it already.  Seems to be doing what I want using that.

May be I have the values the wrong way around, I didn’t factor in the initial press of the patch preset switch and I have my value set to turn on “Mod” (Mod is CC1 and also output boost is CC1) from the first press, where as I should probably have it set to off (value 0) first, so on my second press It comes on whilst turning Chorus off (Chorus is CC2) and then third press will turn Mod off, turn output down, and turn back on Chorus.  I will need to check this.  I have attached a picture of how I have programmed the preset patch a few messages before, have a look at that and see what you think?

I like the stomp box idea myself.  I like being able to turn FX modules on and off.  It’s like “manual mode” on my boss GT5.  I get what you are saying about “tap dancing”  but then I don’t find myself doing that since I have multiple functions programmed into one switch.  And pressing one switch to do three things is not a lot of tap dancing to me.  I really like the FCB1010, it’s actually something Behringer have really got right.  It has to be one of the most useful midi pedals around.  They could do with making a smaller version though lol.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MikeB

« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

The way you have it programmed,  cc1 is on when you first press the button, cc2 is off.
I really like the functionality of the fcb1010.  I just wish it was a little more robust. I've already had to have it repaired because the spring retainer on the buttons is a thin piece of plastic. Half of the buttons have a metal reinforcement, but the rest don't. And yes, it is pretty big.
I started to investigate rehousing it with more of a ground control type box and switches,  but it was going to be very expensive.

So,  it looks like you are going to have to look at how your gx700 is interpreting the messages.
I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

I rejigged the CC messages in the opposite order with values swapped.  It didn't fix the issue.  It just tries to turn on CC1 but just flickering more regularly when I swap the values around.

I dunno how my GX700 is interpreting them any other way than what "solo 2" is transmitting which does send CC1 and CC2 to turn things on and off.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MikeB

« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

Hmm.  It's  puzzle alright.
The only thing that I can suggest is to go all scientific on it.  ie. put the values that you have in solo2 into Rock M Width Test.  Then go the other way.  Put the values from RockM Width Test into solo2.
Try another button.  Perhaps button 6 is faulty somehow.   
I would be finding this very frustrating.  I hate it when stuff doesn't work the way it's supposed to.
I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

I had the values programmed exactly the same until I changed it last night and swapped it the other way around.

I'll try another switch programmed the exact same.

So I noticed in your screen shot you have one CC with the value of 127 in both boxes, I assume this is to keep something switched on?  Why don't you just turn it off completely (assuming that what ever it is, is programmed on you FX unit to be on with that particular patch).  There is also the little boxes at the right hand side within program configuration that you can use to keep things switched on, but this is only in stomp box mode.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

Got it sorted.  Don't really understand why this fixed the problem, but it did.  Basically in the non stomp box switch (preset switch only for changing patches) you need to enable the stomps in the side menu.

The side menu allows you to switch stomps on as soon as you switch to the certain preset or else have no action at all, or else have them off.

So all mine were previously "off" except the chorus in the stomp menu.  So what I did was set them all to "neither on nor off"  (see screen shot of all the stomps in the bottom right hand corner and all the boxes high lighted blue, not ticked or unticked).

As soon as set them to this in between state the programming for CC's within the preset switch worked as intended (just like how I had Solo1 stomp programmed).  Now I have this extra functionality..............what the hell will I use it for?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MikeB

« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

So I noticed in your screen shot you have one CC with the value of 127 in both boxes, I assume this is to keep something switched on? 

The way it was before you opened my eyes to the toggling was that I was sending a tap tempo cc with each subsequent press of the button. I decided to to keep it in which meant turning it on with every press. I have since realised that this is just going to cause me problems if I try to use it,  so I'm going to take it out.
I don't feel tardy!

MikeB

« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

We posted at more or less the same time.
Congratulations!  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon:

You know,  all of this super-duper functionality can suck you into trying to use it just because it's there.  I fell into that rabbit hole and ended up with something that wasn't right for me,  because I felt like I was wasting the technology if I didn't use it all. Now I have simplified it and just use the bits that I  really want/need to.   Having said that, I am going run with this toggling thing.
I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

hahaha to think it was that and I actually considered it as a possible solution days ago but figured it shouldn't be the solution as I'm still turning things on and off with my CC's so why should I have to have the stomps in a neither on or off state?  Weird, but there you go.

I get ya on getting suckered into functionality.  No danger of that with me.  I will see if I still prefer having the separate solo stomp to the new way of doing the same thing but just by pressing the patch switch again and then chose between which I like best.  It's handy to have the options.  I always like to have FX blocks at my disposal even if I rarely use them, I just like knowing I have that level on control.  But practicality, well I usually need an effect going on and one off for solos and a volume boost and I now have two ways of doing this so all is good.  I also have Expression Pedal A dedicated as a volume pedal.  I plan on having patches though that have Expression B used for wah wah.  FCB is a great unit.  I feel full fledged on the midi front now.  Thanks for the help also, good to have people to share these kind of dilemma's with.  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

So as this thread suggest, it's about development of my rack.  So I have a annoying walwart I would like to keep in the back of the rack the whole time, so here is what I did.  Might not be amazing but I think it will work.

A few holes into the rack case, a couple of cable ties, securing that three prong plug adapter to the case then run the IEC C13 to the furman as usual.  Should keep the power supply in one place, and it will always be plugged in ready to go at shows.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

another few
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

Hey RG neat way to do it  :thumb-up: , I have a 6 outlet power board velcroed vertically at the back on one side, the velcro is letting go after a few years so I may try similar to secure it to the rack.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

I'm sure I could been more strategic in placement but I only have one other walwart to go in there, and I haven't made up my mind as to whether I'm going to secure it in the same way as well.

I forgot those particular walwart two weeks ago for a gig and it's because I left it behind in the venue from the night before, so I figured trying to keep everything in the case was a good way to go.  I ended up buying a replacement the next day which I was very lucky to get because it's not exactly a common power supply (14v 800ma) and that got me through the gig that night.  I couldn't believe the third music shop I tried had a replacement.  Anyways I have a spare now as I also got the original back from the venue where I had left it.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

Definitely the way to go, if it's all secured in the rack, then that's all you have to worry about.  The tricky on in my rack is the Quadverb power supply, it's quite large and I have it velcroed to the bottom/side wedged in between the mixer and the side.  It was all good for many years but the velcro comes unstuck over time (as it's done with the powerboard).You were lucky with that power supply, it's quite an unusual one, and good to have a spare  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up