• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

You May Be Cool...But,

Started by Dante, February 15, 2014, 10:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante

Are you small-body semi-hollow axe with a Floyd Rose and a D-Tuner cool?

Eh?

She's an Ibanez AM75 (circa 1986). I also have an '84 AM50 (it's a stoptail version - same body). The neck is so easy to play, she spoils me rotten. After playing this guitar, I have a hell of a time playing any other guitar. The pickups are not EMGs, they are passive DiMarzios that look just like EMGs and they are very high gain, with incredible clean tones.

rnolan

Very nice Dante, Ibenez made some very nice guitars back then.  My second ever guitar was a 2nd hand Navarra Les Paul, Navarra was allegedly a pre cursor to Ibenez.
I have a similar issue with my Tom Anderson Pro Am, it's so nice and easy to play that all my other guitars are harder.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kawai2g4b

Oh yeah, went through that on my '78 Kawai F1-Jr.  Prior to that I had some very nice guitars before I got that one (including an Ibanez Musician MC400 & Guild S-300).  But I sold off most every one of those instruments because that neck just made the others just frustrating.  It's my benchmark for all other guitars that I own, and now all of my instruments have good, fluid necks and fretboards because of how thoroughly I became spoiled with it. Easily the most fluid chunky neck ever.  Currently tuned C Standard with 12s.

Dante, I played an '83 AM255 with the original vibrato system recently.  I agree with you on the cleans, WOW they were nice with depth.  I ended up getting a Carvin SH-225 instead though.

I definitely want to see what else pops up on this thread.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

Nice guitar  :thumb-up: love the laminated neck through body.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kawai2g4b

Same to you and the Tom Anderson, I wish I could drop the cash on one! I already have enought instruments as it is.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

Dante

That Kawai looks an awful lot like a Musician ;)

Very sweet guitar, I'm looking forward to what else shows up in here too

darralld

I had a semi hollow Les Paul that I wish I would have never sold. Hardly ever see one for sale now days.