ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong channel comes up on my MP-1  (Read 6564 times)

Darth Infernus

Wrong channel comes up on my MP-1
« on: Time Format »

Hi guys, As the title implies I'm having an issue with my MP-1 with channel switching. For some reason, when I try to engage channel 2 on the MP-1, it's going to channel 9 instead. I must have done something but I have no idea what I did.

If it helps, I have a Voodoo labs ground control floorboard that I use with my rack set-up

Thanks!

Darth Infernus

Re: Wrong channel comes up on my MP-1
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Any one??

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I think somehow you did some midi mapping,you can reset it to 1 to 1.

Press store, then press Bank and 2 at the same time

It will read "1 to 1 loaded"

Then check if it goes to the right preset.

Darth Infernus

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

No, that didn't work. I pressed STORE, then I pressed BANK and 2 (on the ADA) at the same time and all I got was a flashing underscore line.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Well your issue is either the midi mapping in the MP1 has been changed (e.g. receives midi 2 patch change from foot switch and goes to internal memory 9) or the foot switch (well whatever is feeding the MP1 midi in socket) is putting out a different patch change number on the midi channel the MP1 is listening to (so midi mapping in the foot switch or whatever midi device (in midi chain) is before MP1).
If you read the MP1 manual  section 4.1 One-to-One midi mapping, the instructions are as MJMP says, Press Store, store led will blink, Press Bank, hold down and simultaneously press 2. Display reads "Load". This should restore One-to-One midi mapping in MP1.

However, in the previous paragraph/instruction in the manual it describes how to modify the midi mapping for each program, i.e. MP1 receives midi patch change number x on its midi in (from say midi foot switch) but maps it to MP1 internal memory patch y. So press PRGM. Led flashes (select an MP1 program number, in your case 2). Press MEM, Led flashes, select a new memory number again in your case 2, press MEM to store and exit, that will also restore One-to-One mapping for that patch (2) only.

If above doesn't work, then it's more likely the midi patch change number from you pedal (well from whatever is plugged into the MP1 midi in din socket as that's what the MP1 is "listening to") is sending out a different number (in your case 9) and MP1 is just doing what its told to.

Read section 4.0 of manual, if the MP1 is left with the PRGM button active (Led flashing), the MP1 will display the midi program numbers when they are received instead of the internal patch number (normal operation). This way you can easily check what midi program number the MP1 is receiving from the pedal (or whatever is feeding its midi in socket). So use this to check what midi number the MP1 is getting (hearing) when you press 2 on your pedal, if it's hearing 2 then the issue is with MP1 mapping. If it's hearing 9 then whatever is sending the change is sending 9 not 2 (like you want) when you select 2.

Where does the MP1 midi in signal come from ? as other gadgets have midi change tables and can confuse this. As does your voodoo thingy no doubt (so the issue may well be there ?).

Note: the midi "out" on the MP1 is the internal MP1 memory number, the midi through is whatever came into the midi in just passed through, so if the midi in is say 30 and you change the MP1 mapping to go to internal memory 55 when it "hears" 30, the MP1 midi out will be 55 and midi through will be 30.

I'm not familiar with the Voodoo Labs foot switch but if it's anything like the Behringer FCB 1010, it can pump out a variety of midi change signals on different midi channels just by pressing one button so you'll need to program it ??
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Darth Infernus

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Fixed it!!!

I fixed it the way MJMP and rNolan were saying with the pressing of BANK and the channel. I was pressing Bank and 2 at the same time which wasn't working so this time I kept my finger on the Bank button as I pressed Ch.2...It worked!

Thanks guys

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Great News  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!: So then the question is who changed the mapping ? (e.g. 2 = 9, and there may well have been others (just to confuse you LoL)). Well now it's back to 1 to 1, cool. But if you need/want to change that, you can easily. I also learn't from reading the manual (which I'd forgotten (I haven't had an MP1 in years)) about selecting PGRM and the display then shows what the MP1 is receiving, this is a very useful diagnostic setting. 

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Yes the mp-1 has to see the bank first ,so always first bank then the number.

Darth Infernus

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

MJMP, Yeah, I'll try to remember that in the future. As far as who changed the mapping, it was me but I have no idea how I did it LOL.

So rNolan, you one of the few on here who actually prefers the MP-2 to the MP-1, may I ask why? I've never played through an MP-2 but have heard from others that it sucked. Any info would be nice.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Yea we seem to be a select breed here LoL. Have a listen to the clips I posted (http://adadepot.com/index.php?board=48.0) and let me know if you think the MP2 sucks, obviously I don't, I now have 3 as IMO it's still the best guitar pre-amp ever made, but hey each to their own.

For me the MP2 was a major upgrade from MP1 (which I also still like http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1090.0), they are quite different though. IIRC (I bought one as soon as they came out here in Oz, I would have kept the MP1 but I had to sell it to buy MP2) I wanted all the additional features, 10 tube voices, stereo parallel FX loop, cab sims, CC control, wah, noise gate, more compact foot pedal. I actually didn't try one and compare the tones (I could have), I just bought it and used it straight away. Also I didn't need to do much tweaking to the patches, I spent quite a while tweaking the MP1 while I had it, the MP2 I just dialed up a couple of patches, set the master vol levels and started gigging with it. I was playing quite allot back then so it went straight on stage. I find it sounds less boxy and more open than the MP1, and now I have the Mullards in it, it's heaven on a stick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up