ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD!!  (Read 5012 times)

kawai2g4b

NGD!!
« on: Time Format »

Just got this one in the other day, a late 70's Bunker Pro Star.  All it needs is one bridge saddle replacement, of which is getting made at the moment, plus I have to repair a small crack at the headstock.  But the instrument is functionally headless so I am not sweating at the moment.  Best of all, this thing sounds magnificent, has classic sound appeal but can shred like nobody's business.  Sounds awesome through the MP-2  at the moment.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: NGD!!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: Looks awesome; albeit a bit strange  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kawai2g4b

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

It is strange. But it balances perfectly and the maple neck & walnut/maple body make for a nice full yet biting sound. I feel a bit lucky considering what I have found just this year.  Hey, just in case you were looking rich, I have spotted a B200S over here stateside for 100 American. I don't know whether or not this music chain will ship worldwide though.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

That's a good price and I'd be interested but I'd have to change the transformer (did this on Dante's old B200s) and pay for shipping so add another $200..
I need to reflow my B200s and get it going again, just never getting around to it and my hands aren't as steady as when I was younger, not to mention my eyes are going lol.
But hey thanks for the heads up.
Spotted the SD hotrails tele set on a local site the other day for a good price, Might get them for the tele and use the strat hotrails (currently in tele neck pos) in one of strats.  I wanted to put in my spare Ultrasonic ref6 in the bridge but it will require routing and I don't have a workshop set up in this house (to make that kind of mess).

kawai2g4b

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I say go for it on the Tele Hot Rails!...that Jerry Donahue Tele that I played a while ago convinced me that the combination really works...especially when coil tapped for some extra versatility.   
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I'm leaning that way as no mods to pu cavities etc required, and I've got that guitar playing so well now, it was always good but now even better with the new shims under the floyd saddles, matches the neck radius much better.  It's also a very old friend, did so many gigs with it until I bought the Anderson, so I find it very comfortable to play.
I'm thinking to change the control plate, I already put in a less paul style toggle and one switch for the hot rails (series/parallel).  I'd prefer it like the Anderson I think, so 3 way mini switch for each pu, down series, middle off, up parallel, so I need a new blank plate (I never liked the side ways tele pu selector much and don't want the slot for it).  When I had a work bench etc set (years gone by) I would have just made one...
That tele of yours looks awesome BTW (I checked it out again yesterday and noticed I hadn't commented on how gorgeous it is!)

kawai2g4b

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Thanks you sir!  It was actually made by the same builder as the Pro Star but 15 years apart and under a different brand name. The telecaster has a tension-free neck which transfers string tension to a steel bar assembly in the neck and relieves the fingerboard of any tension. The headstock can separate itself from the neck along with the steel bar. 

And that sideways switch is the only thing that bothea me about the telecaster design from a practical standpoint. Like you said, it will be more natural to you. Hell, if I lived in Australia then I would want to try out your soon to be completed project.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

That wood be fun, and there's a few of yours I'd no doubt enjoy taking for a spin.  It's playing better than ever, kind of "come on have you forgotten me". It's in dropped D at the moment with DR 10 - 52s on it.  And I did the full balance intonation etc but I don't do much in dropped D and each time I play it, after a while I want to go back to normal.  But that's not trivial with floating Floyd, and I'd go back to 10-46 so reset trem and intonation...
I'm also contemplating body comfort curves (ala strat) and a paint job, but then I like that colour with the chrome and black PUs..  I still have the scratch plate some where but I prefer it without one, but the screw holes detract a little which a paint job would fix (not to mention seal all the routing I did to fit the gotoh then floyd).
I've always wanted a very pale powder/sky blue guitar, but then there's just something about the current colour.
Anyway, now that you've gee'd me up even more, I'll get the SD hotrails tele set (you knew I would LOL) and put 10-46 back on, that way it will be played more and I can do dropped D on my highly modified (as in v shape the neck/and spray, new frets, new nut, new machine Heads, new wider bridge (so saddles all face the same/right way i.e. flat face to the neck), Gibson 57 re-issue PUs) Epiphone SG (just no whammy..).  Great guitar now, only downside is it/neck falls away (and it joins body at last fret (which I like) so everything (compared to strat/tele etc) moves 2 frets left, takes a bit to adjust particularly when your on ~auto pilot and singing).  I'm thinking to replace the control cavity cover with a slab of brass to counter balance
Pages: [1]   Go Up