Other ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabs

Cabinet Simulators

(1/22) > >>

trader144:
So since cabinet simulators are a big deal these days, it would be great if someone like MarshallJMP would share some thoughts on what makes the best (including his Monstercab).

I bought the new ADA GCS-3 due to (a) the mic placement feature and (b) price. The Celestion and closed back sounds are really good, and the mic placement is critical....however....you only get one mic so you miss out on the other mic positions that are quite common in a studio. I thought ADA would have seen this and offer dual mics.....

Anyway it is decent as a DI box, still has a little direct clipping to the sound.

Any others?

MarshallJMP:
The monstercab doesn't alter the sound of the microcab,the advantage is that you will have a build in power supply and dual 100W loads.This way you can capture the sound of the power amp too.

Another great cabsim is the ampulator,too bad it's so hard to find.Palmer also makes good cabsims.

But,for me personally,nothing can beat a true amp,cab,mic setup.

trader144:
thank you. there were a few ampulators on ebay recently for $700.

what makes them so good?

rnolan:

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP on January 08, 2014, 01:22:07 PM ---But,for me personally,nothing can beat a true amp,cab,mic setup.

--- End quote ---
I'm with MJMP here, however, I've made good use of and been very happy with the cab emulated outs on my MP2

trader144:
thank you. i agree that the actual speaker cabinet is the best sound.
it is getting harder to justify one on stage as people use DI more and more.

still wondering what qualities separate the best cabinet simulators from the average.
for me the celestion, closed back, 12", and mic placement features are a must have.
but it gets me to 80% of the way there. i can add low end with an EQ and recapture
some of the mic placement miss but it moves closer processed.

someone has to be 90% or more.

are people getting better sims by plugging into a computer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version