ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stupid Footswitch question  (Read 3183 times)

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
Stupid Footswitch question
« on: Time Format »

Hey dudes, probably a question that's been answered on the board many a time, but alas, allow me to ask it again.

I've finally narrowed down my footswitch for the Rig of Doom to a Digitech Control 7.  I've downloaded the manual, my question to you cats is - how do I work it?  I got step one (no pun intended) down.

1. Program the MIDI patches I want in the MP1/Midiverb
2. ???
3. Profit.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Stupid Footswitch question
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well I don't recall the D7 pedal coming up before but from brief read it's pretty simple and just sends out midi patch/program change on the selected midi channel (1-16).  Basically it does the same as the MC1 that came with MP-1s but you can't phantom power the D7 (as you can the MC1, using 7 pin midi lead and wall wart into the back of MP-1).
A pedal that can also send out CC (continuous change) midi messages is sometimes handy as, although the MP-1 doesn't respond to CC your midiverb may ? So there are other midi pedals with more features, but if all you want is patch changes, the D7 should work fine.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up