ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer V-Amp Pro rackmount  (Read 11631 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Behringer V-Amp Pro rackmount
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Well now it's gone the link doesn't point to it anymore  :facepalm: , so nothing to see there LoL. Hope it works out well  >:D and gives you lots of fun and good tones  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Well now it's gone the link doesn't point to it anymore  :facepalm: , so nothing to see there LoL. Hope it works out well  >:D and gives you lots of fun and good tones  :thumb-up:

it does work  click this and scrool down the page

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-PEAVEY-TUBEFEX-guitar-rack-preamp-/142486547964?nma=true&si=DzGC7TcsBWPVof3WsJL4foUCuG8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I noticed it does not mention that I got it for £190 and not the buy it now price of £235 hahahaha weird.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

My backlit display is burnt out too - the text is still readable, but the light is burnt out. Now, the display light in the pedal works, I wonder if they're the same  :dunno:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Seems like it's a 20x2 lcd, got some pics of it? or a partnr?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Seems like it's a 20x2 lcd, got some pics of it? or a partnr?

I aint got mine yet.  I might try contact Peavey and ask for a part number.  Since it sounds like you have something up your sleeve MJMP  :thumb-up:

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Not really, but I might fine a replacement lcd for Dante if I had some more info.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

but mine is also broken, that's what he was saying that both our TubeFex have faulty LCD screens  :(

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Sorry about that  :facepalm:

Anyway let me know when you have it.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

If Dante can get you info first no sweat, mine still not arrived yet.  Will probably be tomorrow.

If you could get a replacement screen that would be awesome.

The first mod I will do on the device is:

replace the SRAM with nvSRAM in order to hold settings without the need for the NiCad battery
http://virtuososo.com/TubeFex/OrderingUpgrading.html#NiMH

I contacted the dude in the states with the shitty extortionate prices, but he doesn't even sell over seas.  So f*ck him, I looked on ebay for the chip and BAM!  Found it!  So I shall buy the chip myself, then solder 10k resistor to leg 27-28, then install, then remove the battery  :whoohoo!:  This mod I see as essential since those battery's will leak and f**king ruin the inside of this preamp.

The more I read the more I think the tubefex could be a beast to own!  The effects are very articulate sounding from what I am reading in the manual, very well thought out settings, including a direct out with 4 different speaker sims options but also a main out you can run at the same time to your amp, meaning a live DI is possible.  Everything is stereo also!  Time to sell that Hafler and Kitthawk I think  :thumb-up:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

...add sounds to that!!!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Well, it's supposed to be a hundred and f*** this weekend, so I'll be hunkered down inside the house. I'll get the Peavey out and run it through the wringer. I am going to pull my ol' MicroFET amp out of storage to see if the Peavey can get some warmth out of it.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

mine has just arrived.  I'm excited about this thing!

MJMP you want internal shots of the LCD screen?

Dante it's cooler over here if you'd like me to take care if this?  You could end up very sweaty where you are  :facepalm:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

yes if you have some.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Go ahead Gerry,

I'm going to see if the display in the preamp is the same as the one in the pedal, if so....he he, I'll be cannibalizing the pedal

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

UPDATE:
The backup rig worked fine last Saturday night - actually sounded pretty good. Here's a pic of both backup rigs, the one on the floor is the one I used, and yes I brought BOTH of them just in case.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up