ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Traynor YCV80q 4x10 combo  (Read 5275 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Traynor YCV80q 4x10 combo
« on: Time Format »

A mate of mine picked up one of these baby's, I had a play through it tonight. Nice amp only the spring reverb doesn't work.  I suggested he join the depot and we may be able to help him. Anyone have any experience with these amps ?  BTW it sounds great, it has Fender badged 6L6s in it, don't know about the 12AX7s as they are not exposed.  He also picked up a really nice 50th anniversary gold squier strat, nice guitar and looks spectacular, though could use a decent sustain block.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

Re: Traynor YCV80q 4x10 combo
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

we have tons of traynor amps in canada here. i have never tried the ycv80q. but the YBA 1 is fxxking amazing.

what info is he looking for? i can ask around for you
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, it's a great amp for what it is ie a 2 channel tube combo with 4 x 10"s.  So far it all seems good except the reverb wasn't working.  He pulled the rev tank out and said that all looked good so maybe it's at the amp end something is not quite right  :dunno: .
He also has an iPad program (Amplitube) which he turned on briefly, wow what a good way to "totally" wreck the sound, without it turned on the amp was sounding great, when the iPad thing got turned on, the sound went all digital and fizzy, and quite frankly unusable.

Chamai

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

sorry brother, not much info on reverb tank

another guy locally is trying to sell the same amp but with a broken reverb tank as well.

only thing i can think of is try another reverb tank. check those cables connecting to the reverb tank because they do actually crap out once awhile.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, no worries, I'm sure he'll sort it out.  I must say I was very impressed with the amp and it's very well featured with cab sim out etc and sounded really good (for that kind of amp).  Also the 4 x 10" config works well. 

Cooksta

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!:Hi guys my first post here, you were correct , The spring reverb tank was TKO, I received a new spring tank , installed it in the Traynor YCV80Q and bingo what a different beast, reverb thru full control, Thanks for the help!

Cooksta

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

60th Anniversary not as described 50th by rnolan, upgrading sustain and tremolo , looking for suitable replacements now, cheers all

Chamai

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

good to hear

traynor makes some great stuff.

btw, if you come across any 4x12 traynor cabs, but them. they are great sounding and being discontinued as well.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Cooky, glad you got it sorted, it's a very nice amp  :thumb-up: , there's quite a few posts re sustain block etc for strats and various members have tried a few of the offerings.  When you get around to it, take some pics of your guitars and post in the guitar section (so we can all have a drool), that gold strat looks magic  :wave:

Hey Chamai, the 4 x 10 works really well, I was quite impressed, a pair of their 4 x 10 cabs would go really well with an ADA rig  :headbanger:
Pages: [1]   Go Up