ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone try out the Yamaha THR10X? (with clip)  (Read 6586 times)

DaveM

I bought one on impulse last spring after seeing Satchel's Youtube demo, and to be honest I was completely blown away with it.  Really decent-sounding models and patches can be edited/stored on your computer. 

I finally got around to messing around with its "direct recording" aspect via USB.  Here's a short clip I recorded while messing around:

https://soundcloud.com/#phrygiandom/yamaha-thr10x-tone-test

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a small practice amp with decent sounding models. 

D
HEADS: Mesa Boogie Mark-IVa, Egnater TOL-50
RACK: ADA MP2, Peavey Classic 60/60
PEDALBOARD: Line6 M13, MXR Carbon Copy, Fulltone FD-2 MOSFET, "Slash" WAH, Morley Lil Alligator, Digitech Jamman
CABS: Avatar and Genz-Benz
GUITARS: Ibanez, Fender & Schecter
WIRELESS: Line 6 G50
STUDIO: Cubase 6.5, Focusrite interface, M-Audio MCU-PRO DAW controller, Novation Impulse controller, KRK monitors, AKG phones, reamping courtesy of Radial

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Anyone try out the Yamaha THR10X? (with clip)
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I have! And, I was equally impressed

I was in my favorite music shop (which I have been frequenting since 1981) to try out one of the new Ibanez Artist models (the AR420). The only amp that was turned on was the little Yamaha that could. After about 5 minutes of noodling, my first question came out & it wasn't about the guitar:

"Are there tubes in that thing?"

It made me consider picking one up for an emergency backup. It's smaller than a lunchbox  :thumb-up:

Your clip sounds killer - brutal tone.

darralld

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

WOW! I just watched some videos on you tube with this thing. Ummm yeah I want one!

kawai2g4b

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Yeah, a friend of mine got one and I was also blown away.  It has a nice combination of focus and depth for small room settings than it has any right to have.  If my Tube Driver amp didn't already sound good at low volume I would have considered buying one for myself.  Perhaps later on in the used market...
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up