ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with GAS  (Read 106575 times)

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
Re: dealing with GAS
« Reply #255 on: Time Format »

It sounds fine, but the programming isn't very intuitive.  It won't allow you to map presets to a different corresponding MIDI number.  Ex: say you want to hit 2 on your footswitch and it turns on 36 on the DSP128.  Where the Digitech is concerned, 2 selects preset 2 and this CANNOT be changed.  It's automatically mapped 1:1, so if you want a preset to correspond to your button then you have to copy it over to that slot.  The only reason I bought this unit was because my SPX90II crapped out (AGAIN) and I needed a backup reverb!
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!
« Reply #256 on: Time Format »

Chucky - check out this forum for help with your Boston phase:
https://rockman-gearup.com
Thanks for the tip. Never thought of trying to find such a forum.
EMGs suck my energies.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #257 on: Time Format »

Latest GAS

Gallien Krueger 2100CPL
Rockman Distortion Generator

and as of today!

Peavey Classic 50/50

Do I need that amp  :???:

Nope I have two fine power amp that are ample for my needs.  Why buy the Peavey  :???:

GAS  :facepalm:  Could be more trouble than it's worth, has 12 tubes!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #258 on: Time Format »

You think that's bad?  My GAS kicked in and I tracked down an old Roland GP8 AND Yamaha SPX90 at Trading Musician!  Thankfully I have a couple paying gigs coming up soon, so maybe if the crowds are big enough, then shopping spree?
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #259 on: Time Format »

All GAS is bad, it's total over kill.It's just excessive.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't have stuff I don't need.  I am usually good at selling stuff on that is excess, but sometimes it requires a little motivation.  I always  hang onto some stuff for "just incasey's" lol

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Chamai

« Reply #260 on: Time Format »

Haven't been on here awhile. I just moved from Vancouver.bc to Edmonton AB. It's been a crazy few months. Thanks to the stupid hosing prices in Vancouver. We sold and moved into a 3000 plus sqft of living space and an extra condo into rent out from a two bedroom 850 sqft apartment in Vancouver. Waiting for the basement to get some so I can finally have my own jam space. But. I have no friends here haha
Any recent gas people?
« Last Edit: Time Format by Chamai »
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #261 on: Time Format »

Only pickup gas my man, I actually have to give up the gas, it's too much.  I really have everything I need.  Pickups is probably the last frontier, as many guitars I owen in need of complimentary neck pickups.  I'm about to try a gas bought Dimarzio Evolution Neck in one axe and see how I like it. Also bought a Tone Zone to try it in an axe.

Hope to move my self sometime, house has been for sale for over a year now.  Might ened up stuck here since the UK is about to go dow the f**king toilet and house prices with it.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #262 on: Time Format »

My GAS levels seem to vary often.  I see my gear as one big puzzle, and everything is just a piece of it.  So once I find something I truly like, I really try to keep that and find other pieces.  Right now as of the last few months I'm not completely happy with my speakers/cabs.  I'd love nothing more than to just skip on down to my local guitar shop and purchase a pair of 4x12s, but wow they (Marshall, Mesa, Peavey) are so expensive even used and looking really beat up.  ~1000 USD for a vintage Marshall 4x12 that looks like it was dragged behind a van for an hour is horseshit.  Hell, 1000 USD for a new cab now is horseshit imo.  But hey, each their own I guess.  Your money, your choice.

I should've never gotten rid of my Marshall JCM900 1960A/1960B cabs I bought brand new nearly 20 years ago when the prices were still only 575 USD each.  Stupid "downsizing my rig" ideas I kick myself for....  >:(

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #263 on: Time Format »

Man there are some god cheap cabs about, it's worth buying them and then over time swapping the speakers out for better ones.  That's what I did with my Bugera cabs.  And to be honest the first set of Bugera cabs I got, the stock speakers were actually great and probably should have kept them.

Man check out the Harley Benton cab (Thomann own brand) loaded with Vintage 30's

https://www.thomann.de/gb/4x12_guitar_cabinets.html

That's a good price.  Shipping if free after certain amount as well, dunno about to the U.S though.

Chamai

« Reply #264 on: Time Format »

Only pickup gas my man, I actually have to give up the gas, it's too much.  I really have everything I need.  Pickups is probably the last frontier, as many guitars I owen in need of complimentary neck pickups.  I'm about to try a gas bought Dimarzio Evolution Neck in one axe and see how I like it. Also bought a Tone Zone to try it in an axe.

Hope to move my self sometime, house has been for sale for over a year now.  Might ened up stuck here since the UK is about to go dow the f**king toilet and house prices with it.
where you plan on moving to?
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #265 on: Time Format »

Oh I'm not moving country or anything I'm just trying to move somewhere else in the city, somewhere I feel a little safer and have less disturbance at night. I also have a problem neighbour.  So I want to buy a house that is detached as opposed to semi detached.

Chamai

« Reply #266 on: Time Format »

Oh I'm not moving country or anything I'm just trying to move somewhere else in the city, somewhere I feel a little safer and have less disturbance at night. I also have a problem neighbour.  So I want to buy a house that is detached as opposed to semi detached.

i know how you feel man. my neighbors were shit when i live in vancouver. i complained to management and they actually contacted the landlord and have them kicked out. i had a few months of peace.

the construction in my building was so shitty that i could hear upstairs talked. i told my wife lets sell and get the fxxk out of here. made a shit ton of money and it and moved
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #267 on: Time Format »

Man I have really been gassing for an Axe Fx, but I have been trying to save some money so I haven't bought anything for awhile.
Currently I have not been happy with my tone. So since I have a few weeks off I thought I might do some experimentation with my current gear.
I ended up putting my G Force in the Mp1 mod4 mkII fx loop. Using it only for gate and parametric eq. I put my G Major 2 after the Mp1 for all my time based effects and Sonic maximizer after that. Mp1 output at 12:00, switched my Mesa 50/50 to lo power setting and cranked it to 9 with presence at 5. Holy cow what a great thick tone!  :headbanger:
If this continues to sound this good I might have to sell my JMP 1, MP2, and MT200. I also removed 3 pedals from my board.
If not I might have to sell everything but the Mp1 and Mesa so I can afford the Axe Fx.

Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #268 on: Time Format »

Man I have really been gassing for an Axe Fx, but I have been trying to save some money so I haven't bought anything for awhile.
Currently I have not been happy with my tone. So since I have a few weeks off I thought I might do some experimentation with my current gear.
I ended up putting my G Force in the Mp1 mod4 mkII fx loop. Using it only for gate and parametric eq. I put my G Major 2 after the Mp1 for all my time based effects and Sonic maximizer after that. Mp1 output at 12:00, switched my Mesa 50/50 to lo power setting and cranked it to 9 with presence at 5. Holy cow what a great thick tone!  :headbanger:
If this continues to sound this good I might have to sell my JMP 1, MP2, and MT200. I also removed 3 pedals from my board.
If not I might have to sell everything but the Mp1 and Mesa so I can afford the Axe Fx.

From someone who's been there, done that and got the T-Shirt....
Since the AxeFXIII is out, the used prices for the II have never been better (buyer friendly). The II will replace all your G-Force, GMaj2 and BBE...and then some. Aside from the amp modelling, the Fx are stellar and the routing options are endless. Hook it up 4cm with your MP-1 and your Boogie poweramp and you'll also have the added bonus of a humongeous IR library for direct recording/FOH.
I enjoy the AFXII either on its own or in 4cm with my MkIV, Triaxis, MP1 or V-Twin....

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #269 on: Time Format »

Latest round of GAS was overkill. Sure, it started innocently enough with an EVH Striped Series.

It went downhill fast.

Charvel San Dimas
EVH 5150 50w el34
Rivera Recording Attenuators
2x Greenbacks
Mission Engineering Genesis H Rack
Boss Katana

All in a two week period. I need to stop

Oops....
Rockron Intellifex
Rocktron Xpression
Voodoo Labs Ground Control.