ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want To Record Direct W/ An MP-1 Using A UX1  (Read 7411 times)

Gemini75

I'd like to record the ADA MP-1 I'll be getting soon directly using my Line 6 UX1 as an interface, but was told I'd have trouble with clipping. I've also been told that I wouldn't. That said, just wondering if anyone here had any advice they'd like to share on the matter.

GuitarBuilder

Re: Want To Record Direct W/ An MP-1 Using A UX1
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

The Line 6 UX1 is not an optimal choice for line level inputs such as the main outputs from the MP-1.  The Mic input will definitely be a problem, while the guitar input is not much better.  On top of that, the UX1 has only one of each, so accommodating the stereo MP-1 is another problem.

I suggest you get a more suitable interface with at least two line level inputs.

If that is not possible, you could try recording just one channel of the MP-1 (left) into the guitar input.  You may have to use the MP-1 headphone output, which has a level control that you can use to avoid clipping.  A better solution would be to use an Ebtech line level shifter to convert the MP-1 output to instrument level.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

Gemini75

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I have Behringer Ultra G DI box that can reduce the gain -40 dBs. Would that be enough to avoid clipping or would something like this be more effective?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LLS2?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CPGl-6qZ07wCFY1r7AodAmQA-Q

darralld

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

The UX1 will work just fine. It has stereo line inputs on the back of the unit. I have one & used my MP-1 with it a few times before I sold it. To be honest you will probably like the sound of putting a mic on the cab better then going direct. You can get some awesome tones with the software that comes with the UX1.

Darrall

Gemini75

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

The UX1 will work just fine. It has stereo line inputs on the back of the unit. I have one & used my MP-1 with it a few times before I sold it. To be honest you will probably like the sound of putting a mic on the cab better then going direct. You can get some awesome tones with the software that comes with the UX1.

Darrall

I've got some really good sounding Splawn T75 IRs, so I'm good on that end.

Could you please tell me how you were running your MP-1 with your UX1? For instance, what lines were you running out of the MP-1 and into what lines on the UX1?

darralld

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Output A & B of MP-1 into the Line Inputs on the back of the UX1. I would pick the tube power amp in the line 6 software. But you might find a better way to do it.

Darrall

Gemini75

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Output A & B of MP-1 into the Line Inputs on the back of the UX1. I would pick the tube power amp in the line 6 software. But you might find a better way to do it.

Darrall

Thanks for the "how to" tips.

I was thinking of just running the MP-1 into Reaper and then adding some IRs and a preamp.

Gemini75

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Darrall

I tried this, but am not getting any output signal on my DAW.

darralld

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Did you change it to recognize that you were plugging into the line inputs and not the guitar or mic input?

Gemini75

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Did you change it to recognize that you were plugging into the line inputs and not the guitar or mic input?
Forgot to reset the outs to be recognized. Is working fine now. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up