ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Digitech GSP1101 - Small footprint, huge sound  (Read 19015 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Digitech GSP1101 - Small footprint, huge sound
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

I have a TASCAM US122 and M-audio Audiophile both with correct OS drivers installed.

Ok I didn't actually think I would be able to fix this, bit I searched the net very hard looking for a solution.

Basically it is a windows 7 issue, plenty of other people complaining about the same thing but no one with a solution, not even Microsoft.

The problem:  Midi usb interface recognised in windows 7 but causing midi programs to crash and not transmitting data back and forth despite correct OS drivers installed and all that stuff.

Solution I found on a forum and this dude has made a video of the fix.  Basically a registry value needed changed.

see video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn5VEFoAjVE

So I carried out the fix and restarted my PC, and I now have midi back and forth.

Edit:  so now I have midi!  I just have no f**king clue what I'm doin with the pedal using the editor.  Probably why I avoided midi for so long.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, maybe Mike will give you a run down, there are a couple of approaches as the FCB is very flexible.  But first it's good to work out what you "want" to happen (eg if you press a button what do you want to change to what).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

Hi Richard,

yeah that's a good idea.  So I am currently thinking about that.  Right now I will be planning this set up using my Boss GX700.  The GSP will take time to learn so I will have it at home for a while before I start trying to work out what I want for that unit.

I guess some simple things I would need, Volume increase for boost, Chorus on/off, Delay on/off, Tuner on/off, Modulation on/off Expression Pedal to act as Volume pedal.

That's a start.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

Seems you should be able to do the things you listed using the FCB, with either the GX700 (page 23 of manual) or the 1101, both seem to have CC control capabilities.Each button on the FCB can be programed to operate in different ways eg toggle on/off (so  "Chorus on/off, Delay on/off, Tuner on/off, Modulation on/off" ) or send a program/patch change.  As I understand it, the FCB buttons can do a bunch of things at the same time and on different Midi channels, so you could make a button turn a few things on/off and also send a patch change.  But you'd probably want to use some buttons for patch changes and others to toggle the various Fx.  Mike has played around with this and settled on what works for him.  You should be able to assign one of your expression pedals to output volume and the other to whatever you like.You can pretty much map anything to anything (within reason).No doubt you'll need to set up the FCB with either the GX700 or the 1101 (although you could use both devices at the same time) as the controller to parameter values will be different in each unit.  It will take a little time to dial in what you need, and you need to get you head around the terms used eg controller number #xx, midi channel (you know already), momentary vs latch etc.  In the MP2 and MB1 they talk about "slots".  So bit of a learning curve but not too hard.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Jesus midi is complex!

Anyways, I forked out the 20euro for a license for FCBcontrol manager.  Life is suddenly easier.

However, I cannot do what I want.

EG turn chorus off, whilst turning MOD on and raising output volume.  For this I would need three cc's going at once and the only way around it is to start making specific patches for specifics duties.

However I found this thread but reading it blew my mind and I'm currently scuppering about the kitchen floor trying to pikc up pieces of it and place it back in my head. 

@MikeB,  or anyone else, can you guy's make sense of this

https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/20769-Using-looper-with-standard-FCB-Uno-chip-how-to-send-4-CCs-at-once/

It seems there may be a way to send more CC's than I initially thought, question what the f :???: :???: k way did this dude program it???

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

So he's combining stomp actions and CCs, ie you can program that a bunch of stomp buttons are activated at the same time (via another button) and each of those can do 2 CC functions, so 6 buttons, one activates the other 5, each button sends 2 CCs = 12 CCs sent by pressing the one (call it master) button.  So that's his concept, then he goes on to tell you haw to do that.

You are probably better off doing some of what you want by making multiple patches and some of it with stomp on/off CC commands.

And yes it can do your head in LoL.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

Got Xenyx 502 Richard, gonna play about with the parallel thing although not sure I can do everything I want but worth an experiment since I got the mixer cheap.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, looks like you could at least use it to bring 2 stereo outputs together

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

Well my Rockmaster has a direct XLR output that is specifically for being sent to the desk, so this can go to channel 1 and then left+right 1/4" jack outs from FX can go into channels 2/3.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, that's one way to go, remember the XLR input is a mic input (does it have a pad or line level switch ?), you'll need to be careful not to overload it from the preamp, upside is it's balanced (XLR). Also the only channel volume is on ch1 so the other channels you'll need to control from the Fx out level, so are you going to feed the Fx device from the Rockmaster Fx send ?Also is the Rockmaster XLR out cab simmed ? If the target is a desk (as you say) it probably is (so into amp > cabs will lack tops) but for recording  :thumb-up: .
More I had in mind MP1 > ch 1/2, MP1 Fx send into FX L (mono), Fx outs L/R > ch 3/4, main outs > amp > cabs
But there are quite a few options (as always)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

All channels have a level control and pan control Richard.  I don't see overloading being a problem.  That xlr out is designed to go to desks says that even in the manual. 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I'm looking at the Behringer Xenyx 502, if you have level controls for all channels then it's a different model  :dunno: .  Do you have a manual you can send me of the one you have ? (and or pics (top & rear is all I need).Do you want to record with this or go into live amp/cabs ?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

Dam, I stupidly got confused that the level control to the mix were the input gain for the channels.  My mistake Richard.  Although I do not for see an issue as this is what the output on FX processor can control in this case like you mentioned before.  This arrangement is a future/possible live setup.  I would record without FX usually and sure I have that SX700 that allows all those parallel connections should I want to records with FX.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I was wondering, actually I hoped you'd got one of the others like the 802 as then you get at least 1 Fx send...  But the 502 will work.  For a live setup with amp > cabs use the Rockmaster normal out (or MP1  >:D ) into the ch1 line in (as the XLR out should be cab simmed and will lack tops without a full range speaker system).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

I have a 1222 but the whole idea is small as possible, I don't want any excess beef.  So I went for the 502.

I'm not sure what mean by this
use the Rockmaster normal out (or MP1  >:D ) into the ch1 line in (as the XLR out should be cab simmed and will lack tops without a full range speaker system).

Do you think the Rockmaster has a speaker sim on the XLR out?  It doesn't.  It's pure signal.  So I would use that to go to channel 1 then send the normal Rockmaster out to the FX, then make the FX pure we on FX unit and run left (ch2) and right (ch3) to the 502.  Then get my mix using level controls, then use the main mix out to send to my power amp.

I'm not sure how I would use the MP1 with this is it doesn't have a parallel output unless I use out A to go to channel 1 on 502 and then out B to FX, then FX to 502 etc.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up