Other ADA Gear > Step On It!

Power adapter for MPC

(1/4) > >>

Flemmigan:
Hey everyone,

I ended up with an MPC midi pedal through a purchase on CraigsList; while it was a cheap buy, it did not come with a power adapter. I figured I would be able to find one online, but this has turned out to be more difficult than I thought. I've tried a number of generic adapters but none of them have provided power to the pedal. It also doesn't seem to get phantom power from my Axe-FX. I also haven't been able to find much information (e.g. user manual) for the MPC. Does anybody have any information about where I could get a power adapter?

Thanks!

Dante:
I am not sure if you have an MXC or a MC-1 pedal, but both manuals are available on this page

The MXC has a different size end for the power supply, it's not the same as most stompboxes. If you look online, OneSpot has a set of adapters for their power supplies & I'm sure one of those would fit, but I have not tried. Here's the whole kit on MF

MarshallJMP:
the easiest is to get a 9V AC!! (no DC) power supply, this always works (no polarity issues).

A DC will also work but here the connector has to have the right polarity.

Flemmigan:
Thank you both!

Here's a pic of the pedal.

It looks a lot like the MXC from the manual for that one, but slightly different. I would assume it's functionally identical, although I haven't been able to find any information about it online... It's a bit of an anomaly. Regardless, if it is basically an MXC, that helps a lot.

The FAQ on the ADA webpage states that the power adapter is 2.5mm x 5.5mm with center negative. This helps a lot. The other adapters I've tried before were either wrong size (in the case of the 9V AC adapter I tried) or wrong polarity (the 9V DC adapter with changeable plug tips). Now that I know it's a 2.5mm, I ordered a 2.1mm to 2.5mm adapter and I'll give it a go. I'll let you know the results. Hopefully I can unlock this guy's potential soon.  ;)

Thanks again.

Dante:
That looks exactly like my MXC. I wonder what the difference is  :dunno:

Be sure to let us know what worked, for future reference

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version